UIL 4A Area B 2024

1. Panther creek - Pretty much guaranteed 1st place in area, and more than likely will win the state competition. 

2. China Spring - State band Pretty consistently, and has competed at very high levels with many great shows. 

3. Aubrey - They made area finals for this area last year, and they finished 6th. Now that Anna and Kaufman moved up, along with Canton, Celina, and Farmersville, it only leaves Panther Creek ahead of them. 

4. Krum - They really had a good show in 2022 and I believed they had a great spot at making state that year. They are making great progress and improving year after year. 

5. Sanger - decent band, I don't remember if they made finals in the last couple of years, but they did make area B which and compete with many of those great bands, now that the competition is easier in this area, they will probably make area finals and possibly make state. 

Alvarado - I haven't seen them, but I hear they are a good band. Since I dint know the variability of this band, I can't place them anywhere rn. 

I wouldnt be so soon to count out Castleberry, Robinson, or Southwest either. Castleberry and Robinson both made state out of Area D and Southwest drops from 5A, where they've been struggling the last few years coming out of COVID. I think they will do great here too.

So in other words, a lot of bands can compete for state here and is probably the hardest area in 4A.

On 10/3/2024 at 2:00 PM, criscubes said:

1. Panther creek - Pretty much guaranteed 1st place in area, and more than likely will win the state competition. 

2. China Spring - State band Pretty consistently, and has competed at very high levels with many great shows. 

3. Aubrey - They made area finals for this area last year, and they finished 6th. Now that Anna and Kaufman moved up, along with Canton, Celina, and Farmersville, it only leaves Panther Creek ahead of them. 

4. Krum - They really had a good show in 2022 and I believed they had a great spot at making state that year. They are making great progress and improving year after year. 

5. Sanger - decent band, I don't remember if they made finals in the last couple of years, but they did make area B which and compete with many of those great bands, now that the competition is easier in this area, they will probably make area finals and possibly make state. 

Alvarado - I haven't seen them, but I hear they are a good band. Since I dint know the variability of this band, I can't place them anywhere rn. 

Sanger hasn't made area finals in a while, if ever

11 minutes ago, BennettR said:

Sanger hasn't made area finals in a while, if ever

Sanger made Area Finals only once back in 2021, they placed 10th in Prelims and then 6th in Finals just 2 points from 5th and then in front of Celina.

11 minutes ago, J-Mike16 said:

Sanger made Area Finals only once back in 2021, they placed 10th in Prelims and then 6th in Finals just 2 points from 5th and then in front of Celina.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Thank you

8 hours ago, Dave609 said:

As of right now, here are the bands that I think could advance to State from this area-

1st- Panther Creek

2nd- China Spring

3rd- Gatesville

4th- Alvarado

5th- Kennedale

6th (anyone of these bands)- Brock, Southwest, Springtown, Krum, Castleberry, or Robinson

i think either krum or castleberry may make it, depending on future contest scores

Here is a list of every band that made State or their respective Area Finals last year for those who may not be that informed on the new Area:

Old Area B :

State - Panther Creek (2nd)

Area Finals - Aubrey (7th) and Krum (9th)

Old Area D :

State - China Spring (4th), Gatesville (12th), Alvarado (17th), Castleberry (24th), and Robinson (25th)

Area Finals - Springtown (8th), Venus (9th), and Kennedale (10th)

In 3A :

State - Brock (21st)

Area Finals - Lorena (5th)

Of note from the bands coming from 5A :

Lake Dallas got 21st at Area out of 22, Terrell got 7th at Area out of 17, Southwest got 19th at Area out of 24

19 minutes ago, OooRah said:

Here is a list of every band that made State or their respective Area Finals last year for those who may not be that informed on the new Area:

Old Area B:

State - Panther Creek (3rd)

Old Area 😧

State - China Spring (4th), Gatesville (12th), Alvarado (17th), Castleberry (24th), and Robinson (25th)

In 3A:

State - Brock (21st)

Of note from the bands coming from 5A:

Lake Dallas got 21st at Area out of 22, Terrell got 7th at Area out of 17, Southwest got 19th at Area out of 24

Didn't realize Terrell moved down. This is really helpful!

58 minutes ago, OooRah said:

Old Area B:

State - Panther Creek (3rd)

Old Area 😧

In 3A:

State - Brock (21st)

Of note from the bands coming from 5A:

Panther Creek got 2nd at state

Here are my predictions for Area

1. Panther Creek

2. China Spring 

3. Aubrey

4. Alvarado 

5. Gatesville

6. Krum

7. Brock

8. Kennedale 

9. Springtown 

10. Castleberry 

I feel pretty good about all of these placements except for Krum, who hasn't gone against any 4A bands this year. It's also increbly tight between Brock, Springtown, and Kennedale, and any of those three could be in any order.

I would agree that Panther Creek is the odds on favorite. But what if numbers and power are rewarded? I don’t think anyone should write off China Spring. I have a friend that says Krum is on the way to being amazing. 

id be interested to see what Brock and Gatesville bring to the table. Both of them are great programs. I haven’t seen Springtown. That’s another I would watch out for. 

honestly, this may be the most compelling Area contest in 4A

10 hours ago, Saxtastic45 said:

I would agree that Panther Creek is the odds on favorite. But what if numbers and power are rewarded? I don’t think anyone should write off China Spring. I have a friend that says Krum is on the way to being amazing. 

id be interested to see what Brock and Gatesville bring to the table. Both of them are great programs. I haven’t seen Springtown. That’s another I would watch out for. 

honestly, this may be the most compelling Area contest in 4A

Had the privelege of seeing Krum at BOA Mid-Cities a week ago.  Really good stuff, and really clean too.  I think if they keep going at the rate they've got a really, REALLY good shot at the State contest.  I'd even say they have a great shot at top 3 at Area.

Brock will do well for their first year in 4A.  Gatesville needs some cleaning but it's going to be impressive when it gets there.  I unfortunately missed seeing Springtown do their exhibition on Saturday, so I don't have anything to report there.  If they tend toward where they've been in previous years, they'll do just fine.

Off of the one video of Panther Creek I've seen and seeing China Spring live on Saturday, I would put my money on Panther Creek.  I will insert my usual CS bias disclaimer, but I know clean and stupidly hard when I see it, and Panther Creek's got it.  Absolutely bonkers program for a 4A program to pull off, and they're doing it spectacularly.  China Spring is cleaner than I've ever seen or heard them at this point, but they're leaving the door open in terms of higher-level achievement, especially in phrasing(both small and over the whole show) and a few balance points.