UIL 4A Area B 2024

On 10/14/2024 at 6:33 PM, Liam Allen said:

Had the privelege of seeing Krum at BOA Mid-Cities a week ago.  Really good stuff, and really clean too.  I think if they keep going at the rate they've got a really, REALLY good shot at the State contest.  I'd even say they have a great shot at top 3 at Area.

Brock will do well for their first year in 4A.  Gatesville needs some cleaning but it's going to be impressive when it gets there.  I unfortunately missed seeing Springtown do their exhibition on Saturday, so I don't have anything to report there.  If they tend toward where they've been in previous years, they'll do just fine.

Off of the one video of Panther Creek I've seen and seeing China Spring live on Saturday, I would put my money on Panther Creek.  I will insert my usual CS bias disclaimer, but I know clean and stupidly hard when I see it, and Panther Creek's got it.  Absolutely bonkers program for a 4A program to pull off, and they're doing it spectacularly.  China Spring is cleaner than I've ever seen or heard them at this point, but they're leaving the door open in terms of higher-level achievement, especially in phrasing(both small and over the whole show) and a few balance points.

1000% agreed that Gatesville needs to clean their show a lot, i see some visual mistakes and sometimes musical mistakes that needs to be fixed, if it doesn't their season could end early in area 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, BandNerd07 said:

I know this isn't surprising, but none of the Region 20 bands advanced.

Carter - 2

Ferris - 2

Kimball - 3

Life Waxahachie - 2

Townview - 2

Wilmer Hutchins -4

Conrad got all 1s from the judges with only 14 kids. So proud of them! Their show is entitled "Shine!" The new director there came from Van Alstyne I believe.

Conrad and Bryan Adams will be the only Dallas bands to advance to their respective Area contest. BA's show is entitled "Cartoon Spectacular" and features fun jazzy renditions of cartoon theme songs. Proud of these two groups.

EDIT: awwww I guess Conrad won't be advancing because they're signed up as non-varsity. Still so proud of these kids! Work hard and you will go far in life!

Edited by RyanRaider22

So out of 44 bands in this area, so far none of them have advanced, which is 7. There are currently 37 bands left that haven't had region yet. Literally every other Region has their contest this Saturday, so we will get our full area lineup by then. 30 bands need to get 1's to have 12 finalists and 6 state advancers. That means if 8 or more bands get a 2 or lower, we'll only have 10 finalists and 5 state advancers.

3 hours ago, BandNerd07 said:

So out of 44 bands in this area, so far none of them have advanced, which is 7. There are currently 37 bands left that haven't had region yet. Literally every other Region has their contest this Saturday, so we will get our full area lineup by then. 30 bands need to get 1's to have 12 finalists and 6 state advancers. That means if 8 or more bands get a 2 or lower, we'll only have 10 finalists and 5 state advancers.

Ik 3 from Region 30 won’t get 1s.

3 hours ago, BandNerd07 said:

everyone lock in