Division 1 corps in TEXAS!

Moose

Visual/Drill: Mark Chamers (Reagan)

Visual/Individual: Jeremy Spicer (Cedar Park)

Visual/Color Guard: Mike Sloan (Churchill)

Music/Arranger: Key Poulan

Music/Brass Caption Head: Jeremy Earnhardt (L.D. Bell)

Music/Percussion Caption Head: Kennan Wylie (FM Marcus)

Fill in the blanks! Who would you want on staff from TX?

Those are some pretty great instructors there. I would suggest Jeremy Spicer for the music staff. He worked with SCV during our winter camps, and is a wonderful brass instructor.

I would also second bariphonium's suggestion of Tom Bennett from U of H. Or maybe they could steal David Bertman (also from U of H) and Mark McGahey (Keller HS) away from the Cavaliers. I'm not seeing that happening any time soon, though.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (QuadraticBeats @ Sep 29 2006, 12:18 AM)
Imagine the fan support Crossmen will get at DCI Southwest this year... lol...

If we thought the crowd reception for the Madison Scouts whenever they perform in Madison, Wisconsin is loud...wait until the Crossmen performs at the Alamodome. I can't wait.

So just wondering, how do yall think this is going to affect Revoloution?

The Revolution's probably going to fall into a sort of Crossmen Jr. corps. Those who don't make the Crossmen might look to the Rev if they're still interested, but another idea that Chambers might consider is turning the Rev into a feeder corps. The Revolution would probably increase in number, which I'm sure they have no qualms against, and the kids who participated would be all the more prepared for the next tryouts for the Crossmen. The Crossmen would be getting kids who were all the more experienced, better, and ready for the big league. Win-win for all. I could see it happening.

Or the opposite could happen. The kids who were going to march revolution because it was close to home, will now try out for the Crossmen instead, thus drawing away Revolution members. (Several membes of Revolution went to Crossmen in 2004 when the corps went inactive and I'm sure they've told their Revo friends about the experience). The texas kids trying out for Crossmen are doing so because there's finally a high caliber div 1 corps in the state, and they want a shot at it, I doubt they'll fall back on a corps like Revolution.

Or the opposite could happen. The kids who were going to march revolution because it was close to home, will now try out for the Crossmen instead, thus drawing away Revolution members. (Several membes of Revolution went to Crossmen in 2004 when the corps went inactive and I'm sure they've told their Revo friends about the experience). The texas kids trying out for Crossmen are doing so because there's finally a high caliber div 1 corps in the state, and they want a shot at it, I doubt they'll fall back on a corps like Revolution.

I agree. If you're one of the 2 million kids who gets turned down by the X-Men....I doubt you're next stop would be Revolution. With all the other corps out there in all Divisions, Revolution doesn't hit me as a second option.