Texas Marching Classic - 10/12/2024 - Kelly Reeves

SIAP, I didn't see a thread for this one but I might have missed it.

I've been mostly offline and not sure when this was finally announced, a couple of weeks ago I think.  This one is put on by Cedar Ridge High and is one of their annual fundraisers.

https://texasmarchingclassic.org/

It often seems like just a BOA-Austin 2.0, but last year it was VERY lightly attended, only 15 or 16 bands in prelims and so the majority made finals.

Cedar Park typically attends but it's not on the official band calendar yet and I've heard nothing from the directors/boosters about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Confirmed (21):

Cedar Ridge HS (Exhibition)

Hendrickson HS (Pflugerville)

Cy-Woods HS (Cypress)

Dripping Springs HS (Dripping Springs)

Round Rock HS (Round Rock)

Westwood HS (Austin)

Vandegrift HS (Austin)

Anderson HS (Austin)

Forney HS (Forney)

McNeil HS (Austin)

Austin HS (Austin)

Liberal Arts and Science Academy (Austin)

Johnson HS (Buda)

Glenn HS (Leander)

Leander HS (Leander)

Rouse HS (Leander)

Reagan HS (San Antonio)

Brandeis HS (San Antonio)

Bowie HS (Austin)

Churchill HS (San Antonio)

John B. Alexander HS (Laredo)

Liberty Hill HS (Liberty Hill)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, nightlife said:

“Wood” be curious to see if Cy woods could overtake some perennial state/BOASA finals and really make a splash next year 👀 

I really hope so, but now All of our Texas giants won’t be missing SA this year because of grand bars besides Bridgeland and Cedar Park/leander and few others.

2 hours ago, nightlife said:

“Wood” be curious to see if Cy woods could overtake some perennial state/BOASA finals and really make a splash next year 👀 

Cy Woods Alum here! (Also first post 😁)

Seeing them make an impressive finish at this contest would be cool. Watching their performance at BOA San Antonio last year and how close they were to finals, gave me hope for a potential breakout season very soon. I'm rooting for them this season. I've seen their show reveal this year and at first, I was a bit questionable about it, but after getting more details (I am not going to say anything out of respect for the band's privacy), It has grown on me. If everyone on the design team does their part, the show has the potential to be very entertaining. Regardless of the result, I am VERY stoked to see every band at this contest perform their hearts out and show a great display of music education in Texas!!

Best of luck to all the bands at this contest. I'm very excited to see all the amazing shows to come!!

I do want to note that M.G. Johnson just got The Woodlands old director before 22 as their new director, so keep that in mind when predicting them. I see them becoming a top regional and probably soon super regional finalist. 

8 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

I do want to note that M.G. Johnson just got The Woodlands old director before 22 as their new director, so keep that in mind when predicting them. I see them becoming a top regional and probably soon super regional finalist. 

I heard about that but to me it’s more than just the staff that make a band really good but I do see them doing better then last years season though.

On 7/6/2024 at 10:33 AM, Tubalord11 said:

Her husband, who was at Klein Cain HS, is the new percussion director at Vista Ridge.

7 hours ago, Samuel Culper said:

Her husband, who was at Klein Cain HS, is the new percussion director at Vista Ridge.

Dang that’s really cool seeing how both bands will be here and be competing more in the future. 

• 2 months later...
8:30 LASA High School
8:45 Glenn High School
9:00 Westwood High School
9:15 Break (15 mins)
9:30 Liberty Hill High School
9:45 Vista Ridge High School
10:00 James Bowie High School
10:15 Robert E. Hendrickson High School
10:30 Round Rock High School
10:45 Break (15 mins)
11:00 Midway High School
11:15 Leander High School
11:30 Austin High School
11:45 Dripping Springs High School
12:00 Rouse High School
12:15 Lunch (60 mins)
1:15 McNeil High School
1:30 Louis D. Brandeis High School
1:45 Moe & Gene Johnson High School
2:00 Winston Churchill High School
2:15 Sandra Day O’Connor High School
2:30 Break (15 mins)
2:45 Ronald Reagan High School
3:00 Forney High School
3:15 Cypress Woods High School
3:30 John B Alexander High School
3:45 Vandegrift High School
4:00 End of prelims competition – Score tally (~30 mins)
4:30 / ASAP Prelim Awards
5:00 Finalist Directors Meeting
5:00 Dinner Break (Stadium Cleared)

This might be the most competitive TMC ever! Will post preds the week of but my God this lineup is insane. Posting tiers and then will discuss. 

Locks: 

Vista Ridge

Round Rock 

Leander 

Rouse 

Ronald Reagan 

Vandegrift 

Almost guaranteed: 

Westwood 

James Bowie 

Dripping Springs 

MG Johnson 

Last 2: 

Forney 

Cy-Woods 

Hendrickson 

McNeil 

Possible Finalist: 

Winston Churchill 

Brandies 

JBA 

There are going to be some usual finalist that won't make it here. I'll be at Prosper this day, but God for anyone who can go to this comp, you should, because it will be insane. So many possible upsets and crazy results can and will happen here. So excited to see how this one turns out.