Texas Marching Classic - 10/12/2024 - Kelly Reeves

Good luck to everyone competing tomorrow!!! Picking 12 finalist does NOT sound like a fun job here. So much talent throughout, this is I’d say the most stacked TMC ever? I just feel like this is the most potential finalist in prelims it’s ever had, really hope those that don’t make it get to watch finals bc it’s going to be ridiculously good! Hope everyone has the performance of their life!!! 

As someone who has worked closely with a lot of the bands in central Texas I think Vandy and Reagan will take the top 2 easily. Also think RR will for sure will make top half despite a lackluster performance at BOA Austin, they always have a super slow start to the season. Vista has a great chance of beating Rouse at this one. And I will be interested to see what Dripping Springs will get here as they are very impressive this year, I would not surprised if they get top 5. 

MY PREDICTIONS:

1st: Vandy 

2nd: Reagan

3rd: Vista Ridge

4th: Rouse

5th Round Rock 

6th: Dripping Springs

7th: Leander

8th: McNeil

9th: Westwood

10th: Bowie

11th: Cy woods

12: MDG

Despite Vandy show being way harder this year they will most likely sweep captions. Dripping springs has great chance to get higher than what I placed them. Round Rock will have a very huge bounce back and Vista Ridge will move past Rouse. Leander could also have an impressive finish. I think the biggest story line is how DS will fare against A LOTTT harder comp then in San Marcos. My predictions are completely off of what I've seen inside a lot of these bands and in the end it's what the judges think. I hope everyone does well tommorow and that TMC finals are great!!!

16 hours ago, Idle_Clasher said:

Predictions!

1. Vandegrift
2. Rouse
3. Ronald Reagan
4. Vista Ridge
5. Dripping Springs
6. James Bowie
7. Leander
8. McNeil
9. Westwood
10. Round Rock
11. M&G Johnson
12. Louis D. Brandeis

Music: Vandegrift
Visual: Vandegrift
GE: Vandegrift
Auxiliary: Vandegrift
Percussion: Vandegrift

Rouse winning it all 💯💯💯💯💯

22 hours ago, act said:

As someone who has worked closely with a lot of the bands in central Texas I think Vandy and Reagan will take the top 2 easily. Also think RR will for sure will make top half despite a lackluster performance at BOA Austin, they always have a super slow start to the season. Vista has a great chance of beating Rouse at this one. And I will be interested to see what Dripping Springs will get here as they are very impressive this year, I would not surprised if they get top 5. 

MY PREDICTIONS:

1st: Vandy 

2nd: Reagan

3rd: Vista Ridge

4th: Rouse

5th Round Rock 

6th: Dripping Springs

7th: Leander

8th: McNeil

9th: Westwood

10th: Bowie

11th: Cy woods

12: MDG

Despite Vandy show being way harder this year they will most likely sweep captions. Dripping springs has great chance to get higher than what I placed them. Round Rock will have a very huge bounce back and Vista Ridge will move past Rouse. Leander could also have an impressive finish. I think the biggest story line is how DS will fare against A LOTTT harder comp then in San Marcos. My predictions are completely off of what I've seen inside a lot of these bands and in the end it's what the judges think. I hope everyone does well tommorow and that TMC finals are great!!!

I mean you can have your own opinion but rouse is obviously winning first…‼️‼️‼️

5A All Captions: Rouse 

5A Placements

1. Rouse 

2. Leander

3. Hendrickson

6A Captions

Auxiliary: Ronald Reagan

Music, Visual, Percussion, GE: Vandegrift

6A Placements

1. Vandegrift 

2. Vista Ridge

3. Ronald Reagan

FINALISTS IN RANDOM ORDER:

Vandegrift HS

Rouse HS

Vista Ridge HS

Westwood HS

Hendrickson HS

McNeil HS

Ronald Reagan HS

Leander HS

Round Rock HS

Dripping Springs HS

James Bowie HS

Cypress Wood HS

15 minutes ago, FaultLineBlues said:

Finals Schedule:

7:15 - Cedar Ridge (Exhibition)

7:30 - Robert E. Hendrickson

7:45 - Cypress Woods

8:00 - Dripping Springs

8:15 - Westwood

8:30 - McNeil

8:45 - James Bowie

9:15 - Leander

9:30 - Round Rock

9:45 - Rouse

10:00 - Ronald Reagan

10:15 - Vista Ridge

10:30 - Vandegrift

11:00 - Finals Awards

Is this schedule in reverse prelims results order? I'm not too familiar with how TMC does their finals schedule.

15 minutes ago, lost said:

Way to go Hendrickson and Cypress Woods! Leander and Round Rock clinching top half is also exciting.

Looks like we’re in for another Vandegrift championship, but there’ll be an amazing line of shows before we get there.

I’m a Cy Woods parent and I think they likely placed 11, not top half. 

5 minutes ago, AWF2014 said:

I’m a Cy Woods parent and I think they likely placed 11, not top half. 

I did not say they placed top half, CyWoods is bottom half as they’re performing first six. I was only congratulating them for making finals despite predictions not having them in.

I was then separately congratulating RR and Leander for breaking into the top half after respective tough placing at Austin. Sorry for the confusion?