4. Katy

5. James E. Taylor 

6. Cinco Ranch 

7. Freeman

8. Mayde creek 

9. Morton Ranch

This is for all Katy schools 

you forgot Paetow!!!! :)

It's very hard to rank Freeman because we haven't seen their band yet, but I'd be surprised if they make the finals. 

1 hour ago, ruben_f said:

you forgot Paetow!!!! :)

It's very hard to rank Freeman because we haven't seen their band yet, but I'd be surprised if they make the finals. 

Paetow. I always forget about Paetow, if we’ve got any paetowians(never using that word AGAIN) I’m sorry lol, let me edit that.

• 4 weeks later...

Freeman opened pulling students from Paetow, Katy, and Morton I think? I'd need to check the weird attendance boundary lines that Katy ISD likes to do to not mess with one schools attendance more than others.... *looking at the big red tiger in the room....

I'm really curious to see how Freeman comes out of the gate this year for their first go! Does anyone know what their program is looking and sounding like right now? 

I've been trolling a couple of things now that I'm back from vacation trying to get an idea of what people are doing in their band camps - side note, Pearland looks friggin HUGE from the one video I saw the other day that got posted of them rehearsing things indoors. There was something like 20 tubas?!?! #TexasBands

4 hours ago, 11BandMan11 said:

Freeman opened pulling students from Paetow, Katy, and Morton I think? I'd need to check the weird attendance boundary lines that Katy ISD likes to do to not mess with one schools attendance more than others.... *looking at the big red tiger in the room....

I'm really curious to see how Freeman comes out of the gate this year for their first go! Does anyone know what their program is looking and sounding like right now? 

I've been trolling a couple of things now that I'm back from vacation trying to get an idea of what people are doing in their band camps - side note, Pearland looks friggin HUGE from the one video I saw the other day that got posted of them rehearsing things indoors. There was something like 20 tubas?!?! #TexasBands

20 tubas is absolutely insane… I’m in a 6A band but we only have either 8 or 10 😭 (granted, our school JUST moved up to 6A)

On 7/27/2024 at 12:29 AM, 11BandMan11 said:

I’m pretty sure Freeman is only taking students from Katy and Paetow. I do know their band will be really small because Freeman's enrollment will be around 700 students. In comparison, when Jordan first opened, it had around 1,200 students, and about 70ish people were in the band.

My best estimate of band members is that it could be similar to Tompkins 2013 show when it first opened.

On 8/2/2024 at 6:07 AM, ruben_f said:

I’m pretty sure Freeman is only taking students from Katy and Paetow. I do know their band will be really small because Freeman's enrollment will be around 700 students. In comparison, when Jordan first opened, it had around 1,200 students, and about 70ish people were in the band.

My best estimate of band members is that it could be similar to Tompkins 2013 show when it first opened.

After seeing their social media posts and what they're working with - I think it's going to be a very long hard road for Freeman this upcoming season. Unless there is something that I missed, its looking like they're opening and working with a group of about 25-30ish from counting bodies in the pictures?

I also heard that they are dealing with the same things Tompkins, Paetow, Jordan, and now Freeman, have dealt with on opening with no delivery of instruments, missing items from deliveries, building issues, etc. I REALLY hope they have a great season and things hit the ground running for them soon, just seems like they are going to have a rough go this fall from what Im looking at online. 

My Katy ISD predictions are this so far: 

Predictions:

1. Seven Lakes 

2. Jordan 

3. Tompkins 

4. James E Taylor

5. Katy 

6. Cinco Ranch

7. Paetow 

8. Mayde Creek

9. Morton Ranch

10. Freeman 

19 hours ago, 11BandMan11 said:

I think it's going to be a very long hard road for Freeman this upcoming season.

I agree on this, but they are going to a BOA contest in north Houston. 

Good luck to Freeman HS! :)

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Clamp said:

Any full predictions?

I’m just gonna go ahead and slam any hopes that these were gonna be some real predictions from me! 
1. Clamp - Their marching has been a big step up! 
1. Sideswiperr - he’s been real real strong lately! 
8. BOA Houston - Very very strong music program, could sneak in. 
Actual predictions: 

1. Seven Lakes 

2. Jordan 

3. Tompkins 

4. Katy 

5. JET

6. Cinco Ranch 

7. Paetow 

8. Mayde Creek 

9. Morton Ranch 

10. Freeman(only because they are new, but I’d love to see a surprise lol)

On 8/25/2024 at 9:49 PM, Sideswiperr said:

I’m just gonna go ahead and slam any hopes that these were gonna be some real predictions from me! 
1. Clamp - Their marching has been a big step up! 
1. Sideswiperr - he’s been real real strong lately! 
8. BOA Houston - Very very strong music program, could sneak in. 
Actual predictions: 

1. Seven Lakes 

2. Jordan 

3. Tompkins 

4. Katy 

5. JET

6. Cinco Ranch 

7. Paetow 

8. Mayde Creek 

9. Morton Ranch 

10. Freeman(only because they are new, but I’d love to see a surprise lol)

Imagine it just Katy bands this year hopefully not 

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, 11BandMan11 said:

Anyone have a schedule for this contest?

Trying to decide which contest to potentially go to that weekend to watch and hear performances before Area contest later in October 😅

I would say for the 12th it would be between Katy Marching Festival and or Lone Star Preview.

On 9/20/2024 at 6:11 PM, ParkingMeter69 said:

Honestly, with Jordan having massive improvement in the past few years, I wouldn't be surprised if they place higher than Seven Lakes. 

possibly getting a sweepstakes too 

My predictions

1. Jordan

2. 7L

3.  Tomikins

4. JET

5. Langham Creek 

6. Katy 

7. Paetow

8. Cinco 

9. Creek 

10. Freeman

The Top 5 are a def lock. It might change between the top 1-3 and 4-5. I feel like Jordan is way better than other years so they will take the dub. Peotow seems to have a stronger show this year. Freeman might pop in we will see how the season goes. 

24 minutes ago, bassboneman said:

My predictions

1. Jordan

2. 7L

3.  Tomikins

4. JET

5. Langham Creek 

6. Katy 

7. Paetow

8. Cinco 

9. Creek 

10. Freeman

The Top 5 are a def lock. It might change between the top 1-3 and 4-5. I feel like Jordan is way better than other years so they will take the dub. Peotow seems to have a stronger show this year. Freeman might pop in we will see how the season goes. 

FYI, the schedule haven’t been posted yet 

So we don’t know which bands that are actually participating. 
all the Katy bands are confirmed

and a few bands from their calendar 

but great prediction so far 

13 minutes ago, Everstarecords said:

Here’s the Schedule:

Freeman HS

11:00 AM

Jordan HS

11:15 AM

Westside

11:30 AM

Morton Ranch HS

11:45 AM

Katy HS

12:00 PM

LUNCH

12:15 PM

LUNCH

12:30 PM

LUNCH

12:45 PM

Langham Creek HS

1:00 PM

Paetow HS

1:15 PM

Hastings HS

1:30 PM

Tompkins HS

1:45 PM

Brehnam HS

2:00 PM

Seven Lakes HS

2:15 PM

Break

2:30 PM

Elsik HS

2:45 PM

Cinco Ranch HS

3:00 PM

Bellaire HS

3:15 PM

Mayde Creek HS

3:30 PM

Churchill Fulshear HS

3:45 PM

Taylor HS

4:00 PM

Langham creek?!?! Didn’t expect that lol!