I’m always so impressed by how deemed “bubble bands” in TX tend to fare at Nats (like SLC, Hendrickson, Prosper, to name a few.) What are some Texas groups you feel would have decent success at Grand Nationals if they decided to go in the near future?

I’ll start:

- Brandeis
- Burleson Centennial
- Cedar Ridge
- Clear Brook
- College Park
- Cy-Fair
- Dawson
- Forney
- LD Bell
- Rouse
- Wakeland
- Westlake
- Westwood

19 minutes ago, LostChoirGuy said:

LD Bell is a former grand nats champion and multiple time medalist.  I'm not sure I would include them in this list, though I would love to see them back at nats again.

I think I was coming at it more from the angle that they haven’t been in over ten years—I believe it’s been a similar period of waiting for Cedar Ridge!

3 hours ago, crunchycookie3 said:

I’m always so impressed by how deemed “bubble bands” in TX tend to fare at Nats (like SLC, Hendrickson, Prosper, to name a few.) What are some Texas groups you feel would have decent success at Grand Nationals if they decided to go in the near future?

I’ll start:

- Brandeis
- Burleson Centennial
- Cedar Ridge
- Clear Brook
- College Park
- Cy-Fair
- Dawson
- Forney
- LD Bell
- Rouse
- Wakeland
- Westlake
- Westwood

Some of these 5a or smaller schools would be such a great fit for nats, as they are well performing like Forney, Wakeland, Rouse. Forney would have such a good shot just by the numbers of there band and the program but also with Wakeland with there program legacy they went to nats ages ago and went all out with that show. Would love some of these schools to build a nats show.

6 hours ago, TubaBoi123 said:

Some of these 5a or smaller schools would be such a great fit for nats, as they are well performing like Forney, Wakeland, Rouse. Forney would have such a good shot just by the numbers of there band and the program but also with Wakeland with there program legacy they went to nats ages ago and went all out with that show. Would love some of these schools to build a nats show.

What year did Legacy go?

47 minutes ago, BassoonSOLOKID2135 said:

Who is going to BOA Grand National in 2024 from Texas?

1. Argyle HS
  2. Bridgeland HS
  3. Cedar Park HS
  4. Friendswood HS
  5. Leander HS
  6. Prosper HS

So far these 6 are confirmed. I doubt anymore Texas bands will go as they should've announced it by now but we never know.

19 hours ago, J-Mike16 said:
  1. Argyle HS
  2. Bridgeland HS
  3. Cedar Park HS
  4. Friendswood HS
  5. Leander HS
  6. Prosper HS

So far these 6 are confirmed. I doubt anymore Texas bands will go as they should've announced it by now but we never know.

If there was another TX surprise in store, who might you expect?

11 hours ago, crunchycookie3 said:

If there was another TX surprise in store, who might you expect?

Coppell because of their pretty consistent achievements and then Cy-Fair because of their recent success. Their "Caging the Swarm" show last year gave me Grand National Finals vibes in my opinion.

On 5/7/2024 at 4:17 PM, J-Mike16 said:
  1. Argyle HS
  2. Bridgeland HS
  3. Cedar Park HS
  4. Friendswood HS
  5. Leander HS
  6. Prosper HS

I suspect Friendswood may not make the trip.  They are brining in a new head band director.  I could be wrong but we shall see.

On 5/6/2024 at 12:55 PM, crunchycookie3 said:

I’ll start:

- Brandeis
- Burleson Centennial
- Cedar Ridge
- Clear Brook
- College Park
- Cy-Fair
- Dawson
- Forney
- LD Bell
- Rouse
- Wakeland
- Westlake
- Westwood

I’ve mentioned this before, but Forney is planning a Grand Nats trip for sometime in the near future. I feel like they’ll do good, and hopefully secure a spot in finals (one could hope, I am hoping).

On 5/10/2024 at 10:10 AM, oddlynormal said:

I suspect Friendswood may not make the trip.  They are brining in a new head band director.  I could be wrong but we shall see.

They might, the new band director is the assistant band director who has been there for 4 year now I believe. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wish Friendswood would have gone in their 2003-2018 heyday because they would have had a real shot of making finals. Does anyone know much about their new band director? Their last two band directors following the loss of multiple assistants and the head director, Greg Dick, have not been up to their usual 21st century standards. It seems like the Houston-area bands tend to rise and fall and don't all stay good at once. 

On 6/7/2024 at 2:28 PM, achase said:

I wish Friendswood would have gone in their 2003-2018 heyday because they would have had a real shot of making finals. Does anyone know much about their new band director? Their last two band directors following the loss of multiple assistants and the head director, Greg Dick, have not been up to their usual 21st century standards. It seems like the Houston-area bands tend to rise and fall and don't all stay good at once. 

She's been an assistant for at least 2 or 3 years and went to school at University of Houston I think, they're show theme and title has been posted on social media and they seem to be on the rise boa wise as they have made final appearances for local boa's which they haven't been able to do till a couple years back so I would say that they are progressing it's just that everyone else is equally progressing which is a good thing because it  keeps things interesting.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2024 at 12:14 PM, crunchycookie3 said:

I think that one year with Lipman will set them up nicely to sweep captions next year. It won't be like 2019--they'll be an unstoppable force by the time they decide to go.

I agree completely.