2024 Birdville Marching Festival (10/12)

Bands currently enrolled in this contest:

Burleson Centennial
Keller
Mesquite 
Sachse
Duncanville
Colleyville Heritage
Chisholm Trail 
Mansfield Timberview
Mansfield
Brewer
Lewisville
Newman Smith
Granbury
Cleburne
Fossil Ridge
Trinity 
Byron Nelson
Frisco Emerson
The Colony
Lovejoy 
V.R. Eaton
Mansfield Legacy
Denton Guyer

Mesquite Horn 
Red Oak

Birdville, Richland, and Haltom will each have exhibition performances 

On 6/12/2024 at 6:06 PM, Mike McBandiel said:

Burleson Centennial
Keller
Mesquite 
Sachse
Duncanville
Colleyville Heritage
Chisholm Trail 
Mansfield Timberview
Mansfield
Brewer
Lewisville
Newman Smith
Granbury
Cleburne
Fossil Ridge
Trinity 
Byron Nelson
Frisco Emerson
The Colony
Lovejoy 
V.R. Eaton
Mansfield Legacy
Denton Guyer

Mesquite Horn 
Red Oak

This contest is super stacked this year! Tons of regulars and new heavy hitters! Here’s my super early predictions: 

1st. Keller 

2. Centennial 

3rd. Duncanville

4th. C.H.

5th. Byron Nelson 

6th. Sachse 

7th. The Colony 

8th. Lovejoy 

9th. Trinity 

10th. Frisco Emerson 

Sheesh, this is the most stacked this contest has been in a long time, I think since 2021. In 2022, there weren't a lot of bands that signed up so they just advance everyone to finals. As for 2023, more signed up, but there weren't enough significantly good bands here, maybe like 3-5, but this year is just on another level with talent. I think the "downfall" of this comp was with the introduction of BOA Prosper. In fact, I'm surprised that a lot of top tier bands signed up for here instead of Prosper... it definitely wouldn't be a bad idea to add 1 or 2 extra finals spots, but I'm not sure if they would do it though...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2024 at 11:23 AM, jamminsalmon_ said:

1st — Keller 

2nd — Burleson Centennial 

3rd — Colleyville Heritage

4th — Duncanville

5th — The Colony

6th — Emerson

7th — Byron Nelson

8th — Lovejoy

9th — Lewisville

10th — Trinity/Sachse

Lmk what y’all think 👀

I wouldn’t underestimate Sachse they got 1st at Wylie invitational could see them place near or higher than Duncanville next contest and I could possibly see lovejoy getting higher but wouldn’t be surprised if they stay at 8th

On 10/5/2024 at 11:58 PM, Bbowman615 said:

I wouldn’t underestimate Sachse they got 1st at Wylie invitational could see them place near or higher than Duncanville next contest and I could possibly see lovejoy getting higher but wouldn’t be surprised if they stay at 8th

You’re right, I changed my predictions over the weekend, not sure about lovejoy making finals here since they got 2nd to last at BOA Bedford, heard their staff went to Reedy but I’m not 100% certain.

28 minutes ago, jamminsalmon_ said:

You’re right, I changed my predictions over the weekend, not sure about lovejoy making finals here since they got 2nd to last at BOA Bedford, heard their staff went to Reedy but I’m not 100% certain.

They were 3rd to last, just over Anna and Krum, but yeah, with how stacked it is, they've definitely got an upward battle, but they were pretty close to Lake Ridge at Wylie, only 2 points behind them in prelims. Anyways, here's my final predictions for this contest, forgot about this one lol: 

1st. Keller

2nd. Burleson Centennial 

3rd. Sachse

4th. Duncanville 

5th. Colleyville Heritage  

6th. Emerson 

7th. Byron Nelson 

8th. The Colony 

9th. Mansfield 

10th. Lewisville 

First few out: Trinity, Fossil Ridge, Lovejoy Brewer

Feel like the top 8 is locks with a few bands fighting for the last two spots. Good luck to everyone who's gonna be here! Hope yall have great rehearsals this week! 

Just saw the list of bands competing, this is a great list. You don’t to have to “Big Dogs” to have a great competition. After BOA Prosper, this may be the 2nd most stacked comp in metroplex this weekend. Curious to see how it shakes out. 

Does anyone know why these bigger/ more successful schools are going to the Birdville comp rather than BOA Prosper? Just curious, some of these schools haven't been at Birdville the past few years : )

2 hours ago, o1iv said:

Does anyone know why these bigger/ more successful schools are going to the Birdville comp rather than BOA Prosper? Just curious, some of these schools haven't been at Birdville the past few years : )

At least for Keller, they tend to stick to 2 BOA competitions a season, usually Bedford and San Antonio. Last year when they attended Prosper, they skipped out on Bedford. 

BOA competitions cost more to attend.  Double or almost triple other local contests. This is also only a 20 min drive vs over an hour to Prosper.

They usually compete at the HEB marching contest but looks like they took that out this year and added this contest. Maybe just wanted an extra week to learn their show before competing.

I vividly remember this contest the last time they attended and can’t wait to be back! 

On 6/12/2024 at 6:06 PM, Mike McBandiel said:

Burleson Centennial
Keller
Mesquite 
Sachse
Duncanville
Colleyville Heritage
Chisholm Trail 
Mansfield Timberview
Mansfield
Brewer
Lewisville
Newman Smith
Granbury
Cleburne
Fossil Ridge
Trinity 
Byron Nelson
Frisco Emerson
The Colony
Lovejoy 
V.R. Eaton
Mansfield Legacy
Denton Guyer

Mesquite Horn 
Red Oak

Good Luck to the Area C bands competing!

On 10/8/2024 at 10:34 AM, jamminsalmon_ said:

Head director from lovejoy went to reedy and the assistant went to colleyville