McKinney Marching Invitational 2024 (October 5th)

9 minutes ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

Wow Plano East. I see you! If they finished in 4th in prelims, I canā€™t wait to šŸ‘€ the final 3 bands. Ā From the first 2 hits, you had me invested! Ā A jazzy chiming sound, so unique but clear. Good luck rest of season. Ā 
Ā 

PS- didnā€™t realize the hour glasses were actually functional until Half way point of show hahaah

Did you realize the 1st part of the show they were flowing thru the hour glass.Ā  Ā 

All the way from Minnesota, itā€™s Walnut Grove!!!!

Loved the endzone to endzone startā€¦

The quartets were beat and flute solo into duet was pretty. Great rebound by guard member with middle rifle. 2nd half of show had a Lot to see. šŸ˜† my eyes were probably going back and forth.Ā 

49 minutes ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

Emerson, the only band I will see twice today. Great job. I feel Like most shows hit better at night and no different for Emerson. The flute solo was brilliant.Ā 

Emerson still has 1 additional part to add so more greatness to come!!

7 minutes ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

Rockwall. Great job!!! Love the solos and transitions! Love their show this year. From first to last hit! Way to keep going through the late night, early morning and into the evening!

Thanks for the running commentary, couldn't get back for finals.Ā  I really liked Rockwells show.Ā Ā 

Just now, Dave609 said:

Area B is going to be crazy! I'm also really excited to see how Pearce does!

Like Heritage after doing so well didnā€™t even make finals??? I just donā€™t understand whatā€™s going on rn in marching band lmao, so many crazy results today, even in boaĀ 

20 minutes ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

Ā 

Caption

Musicā€¦.Pearce

Visualā€¦.Pearce

Percussion..Boswell

Guardā€¦Emerson

Ā 

10 Melissa

9 Lewisville

8 Boswell

7 IndependenceĀ 

6 Memorial

5 Emerson

4 Rockwall

3Ā Ā Plano East

2 Walnut Grove

1 J J Pearce

Wow! What resultĀ 

30 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Like Heritage after doing so well didnā€™t even make finals??? I just donā€™t understand whatā€™s going on rn in marching band lmao, so many crazy results today, even in boaĀ 

They made 11th in prelims so they were pretty close. They also just had not as good of a run as they did the week before. I'm sure they're definitely motivated to do better so Area is going to be even more interesting.

1 hour ago, Tubalord11 said:

Hello Walnut Grove!!! Guys idk what to think of how Area B is gonna shake out. Reedy just got 2nd at Wylie in front of Lebanon and now this, what is going on today šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Anyways congrats to Pearce on the win, looks like we need to keep an eye on them at area C, especially seeing how they beat Rockwall šŸ‘€šŸ‘€

Curious to see results breakdown. Most around me felt that Rockwallā€™s finals run was better than their prelims run, just to fall 2 places back. Momma said there be days like that. But still curious.Ā 

On visuals, what are the headers of IND, ENS, and, CONT?

Rockwall scores definitely show the subjectiveness. One visual judge had them 2nd across the board and the other 6ā€™s and even 10 (last place in finals)

Not calling shenanigans at all but would be curious how two judges saw it in prelims.Ā 
Ā 

To be 2nd going into finals, have a better run in finals, and then get dropped to 10/10 in a category in weird.Ā 

1 hour ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

On visuals, what are the headers of IND, ENS, and, CONT?

Rockwall scores definitely show the subjectiveness. One visual judge had them 2nd across the board and the other 6ā€™s and even 10 (last place in finals)

Not calling shenanigans at all but would be curious how two judges saw it in prelims.Ā 
Ā 

To be 2nd going into finals, have a better run in finals, and then get dropped to 10/10 in a category in weird.Ā 

Not unheard of, my band has once had a range from 6th to 21st in a single captionĀ 

11 minutes ago, Mellow_Mello said:

Not unheard of, my band has once had a range from 6th to 21st in a single captionĀ 

Definitely not, just find interesting. Itā€™s the nature of subjective scoring. Have to live with the good swings and bad.Ā 
Ā 

Curious to see how same judge scored them in prelims.Ā 
Ā 

Judges will have groups they enjoyā€¦that is what it is.Ā 
Ā 

Also want to see prelim scores to see where HP finished up. I was way off on my projection of them.Ā