McKinney Marching Invitational 2024 (October 5th)

1 hour ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

Current aggregate of predictions!

If this holds, would be a strong finals list. 

Who currently outside of top 10 of predictions do you see jumping into finals?

IMG_3304.jpeg

I expect Rockwall and Emerson to be really close, both could win imo. Here’s my top 10 after last weekend: 

1. Rockwall (visual) 

2. Emerson (music/guard) 

3. Lewisville 

4. Heritage 

5. Memorial 

6 Independence

7. Highland park (Perc)

8. Walnut Grove

9. JJ Pearce

10. Almost anyone else 

7 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

I expect Rockwall and Emerson to be really close, both could win imo. Here’s my top 10 after last weekend: 

1. Rockwall (visual) 

2. Emerson (music/guard) 

3. Lewisville 

4. Heritage 

5. Memorial 

6 Independence

7. Highland park (Perc)

8. Walnut Grove

9. JJ Pearce

10. Almost anyone else 

"Almost anyone else" is strong this year!  I could definitely see them making a run for finals.  Maybe even jumping up into 7-8 range.  :)

Can anyone remind me....Mckinney ISD stadium....is it mostly bucket seats on the fan side or a combination of bleachers and buckets?  Trying to decide if it's time to bust out the bulky stadium seats from home. ha

Another random question.....What's 75 like these days on the weekend?  I'm going to have to do several back and forths from the stadium to a commitment in Richardson....looks like a straight show on maps but wondering if it will truly be hour round trip on the weekend.

4 minutes ago, PSHSMom said:

I think Plano East is missing from this list?

Ya know, this made me go back and look at all the submitted predictions and I don’t see a single Plano East prediction. Wonder if they were accidentally left off the choice bars.  

27 minutes ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

Ya know, this made me go back and look at all the submitted predictions and I don’t see a single Plano East prediction. Wonder if they were accidentally left off the choice bars.  

I don't ever do the Predictions, so not sure!  I know they will be there, LOL.   If I were to predict, I would say they would make finals over Plano Senior and Plano West, but I haven't seen any of the shows yet, except Plano East.

23 minutes ago, PSHSMom said:

I don't ever do the Predictions, so not sure!  I know they will be there, LOL.   If I were to predict, I would say they would make finals over Plano Senior and Plano West, but I haven't seen any of the shows yet, except Plano East.

Hope they do make finals. I have to miss Rockwall’s prelims so hoping they bringing it for prelims so I can attend finals. Good luck this weekend 

14 hours ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

PESH has now been added to the list!  Although I'm sure if you can update predictions or not!

On 9/24/2024 at 10:11 PM, Tubalord11 said:

Bro my audio wasn’t working for some reason 😭 they did do a train show last season so I’m a bit curious as to why another one, though MN has been doing multiple jazz shows so maybe their trying to do something like that??  

They built the train with working steam from scratch last year, so its completely understandable to not throw it away after only using it one year

Their show this year is a direct sequel of the one from last year !!!

24 minutes ago, guccishoes said:

They built the train with working steam from scratch last year, so its completely understandable to not throw it away after only using it one year

Their show this year is a direct sequel of the one from last year !!!

Okay that’s super awesome! I’d hope they would have at least tried to sell it before throwing it away, but i definitely understand the want to keep using it! They are looking and sounding awesome this season, would love them to make finals at area this year! 

I wonder if finals will be a Top 5/Bottom 5 format.  Feel pretty good about RW being in finals and think they should be Top 5 in prelims. Hmm 

Really want to see their show after dark. I feel like it will hit differently and amazingly. 

26 minutes ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

I wonder if finals will be a Top 5/Bottom 5 format.  Feel pretty good about RW being in finals and think they should be Top 5 in prelims. Hmm 

Really want to see their show after dark. I feel like it will hit differently and amazingly. 

They normally do reverse prelims placement here, with 10th going first and 1st performing last in finals based on prelims results 

26 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

They normally do reverse prelims placement here, with 10th going first and 1st performing last in finals based on prelims results 

Thanks! RW didn’t do Mckinney last year and year before was too long ago. I’m going to cross fingers for them to be in one of the final 3 spots! I think they have a shot! Looks likes it going to be a warm one though! Time to hydrate!

25 minutes ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

Thanks! RW didn’t do Mckinney last year and year before was too long ago. I’m going to cross fingers for them to be in one of the final 3 spots! I think they have a shot! Looks likes it going to be a warm one though! Time to hydrate!

Can confirm McKinney is essentially a humidity trap right now, so hydrating is definitely going to be necessary haha

I hope to get there for the last two blocks and then for finals.  I can't remember though, are all their seats the bucket/with backs, or the ones higher up just bleachers?   Just had an injection for my lower back so trying to figure out the best things to bring so I can sit more comfortably.

10 hours ago, PSHSMom said:

I hope to get there for the last two blocks and then for finals.  I can't remember though, are all their seats the bucket/with backs, or the ones higher up just bleachers?   Just had an injection for my lower back so trying to figure out the best things to bring so I can sit more comfortably.

The top middle seats (up the stairs) are the seats with backs, the rest spanning out Im fairly sure are normal bleachers along with the bottom seats, so essentially second floor middle should be the seat seats