Duncanville Marching Invitational (October 26)

13 minutes ago, LKendrick said:

Bands that I believe have this on their calendar.  Of course unconfirmed, but managed to confirm most of these based on what bands are posting on their websites:

• Canyon
  • James Martin
  • JJ Pearce
  • Keller
  • Keller Central
  • Lake Ridge
  • Permian
  • Plano
  • Plano East
  • Rockwall
  • Waxahachie
  • Weatherford
  • Wylie

Nice mix of bands I’ve seen before and ones excited to get to see. Do you know format? 

26 minutes ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

Nice mix of bands I’ve seen before and ones excited to get to see. Do you know format? 

Prelims finals.  10 bands in 2022 in finals.  4A/5A/6A state judging system was used plus colorguard (judged but wasn't part of the total score).  

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Ain'tNoBand said:

30th Annual DMI 

Hebron

Arlington Lamar

Weatherford

Southlake Carroll

James Martin 

Rockwall 

Plano Senior

Wylie

Keller Central 

Lake Ridge 

Plano East

Keller

JJ Pearce

Waxahachie 

Lake Travis

Canyon

All bands to finals! Live on field interviews post performance, fan favorite votes and "chill" areas to relax midvday if needed.Screenshot_20240926_001628_Sheets.jpg.831ed6ee995202207fbd849230cca188.jpg

Really great lineup, and happy all bands get to perform twice! Awesome seeing Lake Travis come down, will be fun to see how they stack up against SLC, Wylie, Rockwall, Central, Ect. Other than saying Hebron will win, there’s plenty of room for everyone to shock some people with placements! 

7 hours ago, BoneGuy4 said:

I know they were advancing all 14 bands to finals before, but now there are 16 so are they still going to have everyone go to finals? If they don’t would there be 10 going to finals? Lots of questions.

All I have been able to find out from this competition is through txbands so hopefully someone here knows 😂 

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, ChristopherRoden said:

1. hebron

2. Wylie

3. SLC

4. Waxahachie

5. Keller

6. Lake Travis

7. Rockwall

8. Keller Central

9. JJ Pearce

10. Lake Ridge

I'd switch Wylie with Waxahachie and you've got my list, anything is possible though, would love to see Wylie in top 3. Gonna be a heck of a contest 

Have sworn off predictions after happy and sad surprises this year….haha. 

However, maybe I will try again. I found the list of judges, need to see what I can find out about them. 

Question, because it may impact predictions…their visual judges say “GE/Visual”  do they use a boa model of judging here over uil?