Football 🏈 Halftime Shows

3 hours ago, FwefewF said:

Back in the stands, for anyone watching I hope you enjoyed. I am proud to finally share the name of the show.

Cy-Fair HS Marching Band 2024: "Gravity"

Oooooo I know they’re gonna cook so unbelievably hard with this!!! 

1 hour ago, LostChoirGuy said:

Keller plays Marcus, LD Bell, Timber Creek, Keller Central, and Southlake Carroll as well as several other great groups.  Wish I was around to actually see the performances.

Another stout line up

20 hours ago, BandNerd07 said:

Yeah definitely, the last 4 are in 3-6A, which has better bands than our old district imo. Here's how I rank them

1. Lake Ridge

2. Mansfield Legacy

3. Boswell

4. Mansfield

5. North Crowley 

6. Crowley

7. Weatherford

I got to see Lake Ridge at their meet the band night! They seem to have a much better show design than last year and more difficult music. Mansfield went down in size a lot, lost a good portion of their band. Legacy is as strong as ever, love their sound for their size. Lake Ridge did seem to struggle a little bit with timing and things, however im going to their game tonight so i'll let you know!(Hoping it wont be as hot as hades)

2 hours ago, euphony said:

Was looking around for halftime shows and ran across one from Hendrickson:

I’ll keep looking for more, but most bands haven’t had their first game yet 

can't wait to see their full production!

Saw Rockwall and Berkner tonight. Both bands sounded great. Hard to really gage Berkner, don’t think they started from beginning or ended at the end. Curious to see how they utilize their stages during full show at Area C. 

I am not going to post the video, but Lumberton killed it in the halftime department. Probably one of the best 1st game runs in quite a bit of years. Super excited to see the rest.

Edit* - I've noticed a lot of bands this year are doing the same path as far as a slow build into a hit... Not Lumberton, NO. Literally not even 5 seconds into the show and Lumberton just slaps everyone with a big and loud statement hit. With cleaning, it's going to be very effective.

Here's Ennis vs Waxahachie. I am impressed with Waxahachie's performance quality this early in the season and how they're already performing most of the show and in full uniform. Excited to see them later at contests. Performance starts at 1:44:45

Marcus and Keller!

Keller’s show is called “Distant Voices”. Love the visual scale at the beginning with those circles opening and closing over the whole field. Was that a trumpet screamer at the end? Nice. Wish we got to see more!

Marcus’ show is called “In a New Light” I think. That second movement is absolutely cooking 🔥🔥🔥 How are they so clean?? Similar vibe to last year, which obviously worked well for them.

3 minutes ago, LostChoirGuy said:

I might be dumb, but I didn't see either Keller or Marcus's show?  I was able to see Keller's JV pep performance, but that's it.

Keller is at about 1:38:00 and Marcus at about 1:53:00. 

1 hour ago, Origin said:

Marcus and Keller!

Keller’s show is called “Distant Voices”. Love the visual scale at the beginning with those circles opening and closing over the whole field. Was that a trumpet screamer at the end? Nice. Wish we got to see more!

Marcus’ show is called “In a New Light” I think. That second movement is absolutely cooking 🔥🔥🔥 How are they so clean?? Similar vibe to last year, which obviously worked well for them.

Yeah Keller always does a spirit show during their halftime performance for the first couple of football games, so that’s why that night they only played their part 1. And yes, that is a Dub G screamer .