Football 🏈 Halftime Shows

Not posting a video yet again of Lumberton (Not yet at least) but they were absolutely amazing tonight. Performed about half of the show, and that "ballad" hit was strong. So excited for these next couple months!

8 hours ago, Thanos said:

Internal screaming!

Hebron wasn't muted!!!

Sounded like the opener is sourced at least in part from Urban Dances by Richard Danielpour. Ironically, given the show title, this year’s music design seems a lot more cohesive than the last few seasons, at least since 2019. Drill is nice and readable as well. Can’t wait to see more.

1 hour ago, slowbrass said:

Sounded like the opener is sourced at least in part from Urban Dances by Richard Danielpour. Ironically, given the show title, this year’s music design seems a lot more cohesive than the last few seasons, at least since 2019. Drill is nice and readable as well. Can’t wait to see more.

Is there a video of Hebron out there? I can't wait to see how they do!

48 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

Is there a video of Hebron out there? I can't wait to see how they do!

If (hehehe) there is, it would never see the light of day if it was found. We all know that...

Leander ISD was killer last year (as always) but I feel like this year is going to blow 2023 out of the water. Super cool products that are being performed at a much higher level in early September than years past. I haven’t seen Rouse yet, but I do get the pleasure of hearing their impacts echo across my apartment complex each day after work. They sound like they haven’t skipped a beat from last year as well. If anyone is able to make it out to BOA austin or lisd festival of bands you most definitely should go!Β 

Just now, Dave609 said:

I'm very curious to see how Rockwall does this season!

I have a Junior and a Freshman this year. Band is a bit larger this year, but also younger. I think they will truly get stronger and more confident every week. If they can hit their strike at Area C….

54 minutes ago, packwick said:

Harmonielehre!! always makes for an effective opening statement, just BAM. really enjoying both the music and the vis so far. not super amorphous but it's very appealing.

I actually picked up on a good deal of amorphism, especially when the winds are in a huge block but a featured section is in a blob inside it. Genius visual-musical design IMO. I’m a big fan of the difficulty in Vandegrift’s show, but Amorphous feels like a better overall package to me, at least early season. BIG visual step up for Hebron, especially in design.

went to a video game and star wars heavy metal cover band concert last nite, catching up on foosball perfs now. the partial h-town report:

cyfair every bit as good as last yr right now methinks, maaaybe even better? maybe maybe?? we'll have to wait and see. loving their music, all the texture, evocative. sara bareyrrealuss, or whatever her name is. this perc writing is pretty baller. vis ofc needs some cleaning but whose doesn't? think it looks cool tho. thinkin they could snag a 1st place mGE judge or two again at the Houston regionals like they did at west Houston last yr? maybe?? will be tough.

woodlands pretty clean already. balance and tuning issues w/ the complex chord at the end of part one, but fairly locked in besides that. gotta say tho, this first minute and a half looks easyΒ besides the guard, think the winds march + play for like 5 secs.Β takin' the Big Easy too close to heart maybe lol. leaves em a lil vulnerable in certain POCs methinks. hope the rest brings bigger moments, more excitement. guard already cleaner than 99% of guards get by end season, with the hardest book. buuut i also think the equipment choreo could be more w/ the character of the music, more of a loose, jazzy swagger.

Bridgeland looks fab again, haven't heard the music. bet they sound pretty good tho. probably, right? pure eleganza in this drill!! eleganza!! guard still huge, not quiiiite as clean as they were last yr at this time, but i think wind was a factor, rifle toss height seemed weirdly low, like they adjusted it for weather maybe?? cause the spinning phrases still looked open class. both them and cy fair are possibly gettin consistent, late season finals worthy like Pearland, cool to see. Indy, here they come!!!

20 minutes ago, crunchycookie3 said:

I actually picked up on a good deal of amorphism, especially when the winds are in a huge block but a featured section is in a blob inside it. Genius visual-musical design IMO. I’m a big fan of the difficulty in Vandegrift’s show, but Amorphous feels like a better overall package to me, at least early season. BIG visual step up for Hebron, especially in design.

well it's certainly there in bits and pieces. and i would agree that the overall package seems stronger, or at least more appealing than Vandy's rn. very very early tho.

1 hour ago, packwick said:

the partial h-town report

Thank you! I'm aboard the Cy-Fair train again this season, too. Well, maybe I never really got off of it in 2022, but you get the point. It's so cool to see both them and Bridgeland reach this level. Hopefully, we see other bands in the area rise up this season, too. One of the greatest pleasures of every marching season is witnessing a band blossom -- reach a real developmental milestone.