Football 🏈 Halftime Shows

5 hours ago, Online Marcher said:

Pearland at 1:27:45

Sam Rayburn at 1:41:45

Is it just me or has Pearland gotten smaller this year?

Anyway, I'll confess that I didn't really get the show. When I heard they were doing Pines of Rome, I envisioned something completely different. Not that it is bad - just kind of the complete opposite of what I was thinking, visually and musically.

wellll it's supposed to be a Maximus show, like the guy from Gladiator, right? would have preferred music that hews more closely to that image than Pines of Rome, which is an exuberant (and overused) piece of music. still, it's clearly a well-designed show with awesome performers that will do great this season once it's clean.

16 minutes ago, packwick said:

wellll it's supposed to be a Maximus show, like the guy from Gladiator, right? would have preferred music that hews more closely to that image than Pines of Rome, which is an exuberant (and overused) piece of music. still, it's clearly a well-designed show with awesome performers that will do great this season once it's clean.

Hey, if we're going to be picky about stuff like that, at least this show is Rome-related! Unlike that one show from 2014 that also had Pines of Rome in it. You know, the one with all the faces... πŸ˜©πŸ€”πŸ˜‚

15 minutes ago, Rubisco said:

Hey, if we're going to be picky about stuff like that, at least this show is Rome-related! Unlike that one show from 2014 that also had Pines of Rome in it. You know, the one with all the faces... πŸ˜©πŸ€”πŸ˜‚

Broken Arrow?

17 hours ago, Rubisco said:

was wondering why they didn't just do Roman Festivals, which was the s*** back when i was 12, and is a lil darker and more aggressive than pines. now im watching again and realizing they ARE playing Roman Festivals lmao. oopsie. the backfield trumpet lick at the end of the ballad during that lovely flute and clarinet duet. great arranging there.

14 hours ago, gregorydf01 said:

It was Round Rocks Homecoming so the show had to be cut short.Β  A shame as I was looking forward to seeing the rest of what they have ready!

They sound so good. I love that second movement. The guard looks great too. Can’t wait to see the Ranger Band! Β β™₯️β™₯️