Don Hanna Memorial (Oct 5th)

51 minutes ago, YelloJelloMello said:

Predictions:

Marcus - 1st

Hebron - 2nd

Cedar Park - 3rd

jokes aside what do y’all think abt this contest

Nothing for now, but the schedule will hopefully be posted soon. A lot of other local shows this stays like McKinney and Wiley still haven’t posted their schedule and normally don’t until a week or two before the contest.

Just now, jamminsalmon_ said:

Other than Anna, all of the finalists from last year will be returning to this contest! Looking forward to seeing how everything plays out. Any early predictions?

This is most groups first comp since it's a week or two early this year, but here's what I'm thinking rn 

1. The Colony 

2. Mansfield 

3. Lakeview Centennial 

4. Little Elm 

5. Birdville

6. Fossil Ridge

7. James Martin 

8. North Mesquite 

9. Rockwall Heath 

10. Frisco Centennial 

Other potential finalist: 

Panther Creek 

China Spring 

Gaps are to show placements within them could go anyway. This comp is actually pretty competitive, with pretty much all of the top 8 having an almost guaranteed finalist spot, with Frisco Centennial and possibly Heath being the only two bands I see not making finals here. Them being right next to PC will really help the judges determine who will be one of the last bands making finals here. Again, this is mostly made off how last season went for these programs, lots of these can and probably will be wrong. I do predict the winner will almost sweep; Fossil Ridge could take perc. Excited to see how this one shakes up. 

On 9/12/2024 at 11:17 AM, Tubalord11 said:

This is most groups first comp since it's a week or two early this year, but here's what I'm thinking rn 

1. The Colony 

2. Mansfield 

3. Lakeview Centennial 

4. Little Elm 

5. Birdville

6. Fossil Ridge

7. James Martin 

8. North Mesquite 

9. Rockwall Heath 

10. Frisco Centennial 

Other potential finalist: 

Panther Creek 

China Spring 

Gaps are to show placements within them could go anyway. This comp is actually pretty competitive, with pretty much all of the top 8 having an almost guaranteed finalist spot, with Frisco Centennial and possibly Heath being the only two bands I see not making finals here. Them being right next to PC will really help the judges determine who will be one of the last bands making finals here. Again, this is mostly made off how last season went for these programs, lots of these can and probably will be wrong. I do predict the winner will almost sweep; Fossil Ridge could take perc. Excited to see how this one shakes up. 

I agree I would really like to see who would win this competition 

• 2 weeks later...

1st — The Colony

2nd — Mansfield

3rd — James Martin

4th — North Mesquite

5th — Panther Creek

6th — Lakeview Centennial

7th — Little Elm

8th — Frisco Centennial

9th — Rockwall-Heath

10th — Frisco

being pretty bold here — excited to see how things shake up 👀

7 hours ago, jamminsalmon_ said:

1st — The Colony

2nd — Mansfield

3rd — James Martin

4th — North Mesquite

5th — Panther Creek

6th — Lakeview Centennial

7th — Little Elm

8th — Frisco Centennial

9th — Rockwall-Heath

10th — Frisco

being pretty bold here — excited to see how things shake up 👀

I would put james martin top 2 I’ve heard they’ve have a couple of changes and improvement since the previous year

3 hours ago, tx199 said:

Little Elm and Panther Creek both had successful runs last night at Plano East, wouldn't be shocked to see them make high spots.

I expect Panther Creek in the top 5, maybe top 3. They are cracked this year and will probably win 4A state at this rate. Here’s my final predictions: 

1st. The Colony 

2nd James Martin 

3rd. Mansfield 

4th Panther Creek 

5th Little Elm 

6th Fossil Ridge 

7th Birdville 

8th. North Mesquite 

9th Lakeview Centennial 

10th Rockwall Heath 

i cant find videos of little elm or panther creek anywhere...

52 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

I expect Panther Creek in the top 5, maybe top 3. They are cracked this year and will probably win 4A state at this rate. Here’s my final predictions: 

1st. The Colony 

2nd James Martin 

3rd. Mansfield 

4th Panther Creek 

5th Little Elm 

6th Fossil Ridge 

7th Birdville 

8th. North Mesquite 

9th Lakeview Centennial 

10th Rockwall Heath 

I think Fossil Ridge and Birdville both deserve better spots because of the scores at US Saginaw. but I'll save my prediction for whenever I see Mansfields, Panther creeks, and Little elms show this year. overall, this is gunna be a fun comp to watch though.

15 minutes ago, melloenthusiast said:

I think Fossil Ridge and Birdville both deserve better spots because of the scores at US Saginaw. but I'll save my prediction for whenever I see Mansfields, Panther creeks, and Little elms show this year. overall, this is gunna be a fun comp to watch though.

I could definitely see that happening, I’m just not a huge fan of using US Bands scores for making predictions as they tend to over-score sometimes, but anything could happen here tbh

3 minutes ago, jamminsalmon_ said:

sax section leader/woodwind captain for tc and we've been chugging along just fine. this will be our first comp and I can proudly say we'll have our full show ready to perform just like last year for yall. super stoked for this contest and wishing nothing but the best for every other band competing. it's going to be such an awesome day 🤘

Best of luck to you guys!! My nephew is in the band too 😀

14 hours ago, melloenthusiast said:

This is Little Elms