Don Hanna Memorial (Oct 5th)

On 10/2/2024 at 7:20 PM, TheBandStan said:

I completely agree. Mesquite was a real eye-opener in regard to their placement. Here's my predictions:

1. James Martin

2. Mansfield

3. The Colony

4. Birdville

5. Fossil Ridge

6. Rockwall-Heath

7. North Mesquite

8. Little Elm

9. Lakeview Centennial

10. Panther Creek

Honestly, I think 5-7 could be anything but the top 4 are pretty solid. I think captions will be a sweep except for percussion. Rockwall-Heath was only 10 points out of a thousand away from beating Herbon's percussion at Mesquite so I wouldn't be surprised if they get the caption here.

erm james martin 1st yeah...

1st 85.705 The Colony

2nd 85.58 Mansfield

3rd 84.345 Little Elm

4th 83.025 North Mesquite

5th  81.21 James Martin

6th  80.75 Panther Creek

7th  80.15 Birdville

8th  79.45 Fossil Ridge

9th  78.77 Frisco Centennial

10th 77.05 Lakeview Centennial

Woodwinds: Mansfield

Brass: Mansfield

Percussion: Mansfield

Auxiliary: Little Elm

Music:  Mansfield

Visual: Panther Creek

Congrats to ALL the bands, especially the top 3. Lots of good shows and can’t wait to see how they progress.

1.  Colony

2. Mansfield

3.  Little Elm

4.  North Mesquite

5.  James Martin

6. Panther Creek

7.  Birdville

8.  Fossil Ridge

9.  Frisco Centennial

10.  Lake View Centennial.

I guess I could never be a judge or maybe I don't know what to watch for LOL.   North Mesquite in my eyes was the best in the finals, just over Little Elm/Mansfield.  The Colony and James Martin had visible mistakes that I didn't see the other 3 make.   

UNT was great too..   The bands really enjoyed watching them play! 

Great show, especially UNT at the end!   Proud Mansfield parent here!  Most of us thought we might have had it but actually we were afraid Little Elm was going to win!  They were great! 

Centennial did the red light green light show?  They were really good too but I think the color guard made a big mistake in the finals.  

Little Elm winning Guard is not a surprise.  One of the better guard programs in National and state. 

TC’s show was really good. Didn’t feel they were “best” at anything (results agreed) but averages out. 

Didn’t like MF as much as the judges. Saw flaws in lots of areas. My guess would have been 4th or 5th..

35 minutes ago, thatoneguywhodrums said:

Not gonna publicize scores, but Mansfield had weak non-music captions, and TC was second in almost everything. GE, Marching, and Guard put TC above Mansfield.

What were the placements for LE and North Mesquite? Leaving me curious on what may have prevented them from getting a higher spot, especially with the very close margins of scores for the top 4.

3 minutes ago, tx199 said:

What were the placements for LE and North Mesquite? Leaving me curious on what may have prevented them from getting a higher spot, especially with the very close margins of scores for the top 4.

LE’s downfall was Marching (100/1000 below TC). Their music was also lower overall. 

NM’s percussion, marching, and guard scored pretty low.

9 hours ago, sarahW said:

Great show, especially UNT at the end!   Proud Mansfield parent here!  Most of us thought we might have had it but actually we were afraid Little Elm was going to win!  They were great! 

Centennial did the red light green light show?  They were really good too but I think the color guard made a big mistake in the finals.  

UNT marcher here and thank you! I had a wonderful run (maybe because it wasn’t burning hot like in Bedford but I digress), and I am glad you liked the show! :)

30 minutes ago, Cornology said:

How did Mansfield get second to colony? I thought Mansfield was rlly strong with their show. And how did red light green light place basically last???

Mansfield was weaker in all of the non-music captions. They only won music captions, so the colony’s other scores were good enough to pass. TC was a more well-rounded group yesterday.

12 hours ago, thatoneguywhodrums said:

Mansfield was weaker in all of the non-music captions. They only won music captions, so the colony’s other scores were good enough to pass. TC was a more well-rounded group yesterday.

That makes sense, just really enjoyed their take on marching band in general; which makes sense as to why I was surprised at Frisco centennials placement. Do you know where I could find the scoring breakdowns?