Don Hanna Memorial (Oct 5th)

6 hours ago, jamminsalmon_ said:

sax section leader/woodwind captain for tc and we've been chugging along just fine. this will be our first comp and I can proudly say we'll have our full show ready to perform just like last year for yall. super stoked for this contest and wishing nothing but the best for every other band competing. it's going to be such an awesome day 🤘

Crazy that yall got it down before October 😭

11 minutes ago, THUg said:

Little Elm will place top 3 for sure winning both perc and guard 

I know little elm took those captions at Plano east, will see how things shake up again on Saturday! Some (in my opinion) bigger competition on Saturday then that of PEMI but we’ll see how things play out! 

On 9/11/2024 at 5:25 PM, tx199 said:

Performance Schedule updated 10/2/24:

10:00 Ponder

10:15 Howe

10:30 Stephenville

10:45 Alvarado

11:00 BREAK

11:15 Glen Rose

11:30 Denton

11:45 BREAK

12:00 China Spring

12:15 R.L. Turner

12:30 BREAK

1:30 Frisco

1:45 Birdville

2:00 Fossil Ridge

2:15 North Mesquite

2:30 Lakeview Centennial

2:45 BREAK

3:00 Newman Smith

3:15 The Colony

3:30 Frisco Centennial

3:45 Panther Creek

4:00 Northwest

4:15 Tyler Legacy

4:30 BREAK

4:45 Rockwall-Heath

5:00 Mesquite

5:15 Mansfield

5:30 James Martin

5:45 Little Elm

6:00 Prelims Awards

Would like for yall to be aware of the schedule changes added, no new schools but Tyler Legacy's time is moved to 4:15 so a lot of the earlier times may be affected and the later times are pushed by a block, making them and Prelims awards 15 minutes later.

1 hour ago, E1. said:

I know Lakeview has done well in the past, but I do not see them placing that high at this contest considering they were 12th at the Mesquite Contest

Have you seen a score breakdown for Mesquite last weekend? I heard RW guard wasn’t far away from Hebron. 

26 minutes ago, TheBandStan said:

I completely agree. Mesquite was a real eye-opener in regard to their placement. Here's my predictions:

1. James Martin

2. Mansfield

3. The Colony

4. Birdville

5. Fossil Ridge

6. Rockwall-Heath

7. North Mesquite

8. Little Elm

9. Lakeview Centennial

10. Panther Creek

Honestly, I think 5-7 could be anything but the top 4 are pretty solid. I think captions will be a sweep except for percussion. Rockwall-Heath was only 10 points out of a thousand away from beating Herbon's percussion at Mesquite so I wouldn't be surprised if they get the caption here.

I'd definitely have panther creek much higher than 10th. They won Plano East over bands like Little Elm and JJ Pearce, should place top 5 here IMO 

20 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

I'd definitely have panther creek much higher than 10th. They won Plano East over bands like Little Elm and JJ Pearce, should place top 5 here IMO 

Oh! You're most certainly right. I completely blanked on it since the bands in my area haven't gone to it. I'll post a revised list later.

On 10/1/2024 at 10:32 AM, melloenthusiast said:

4-8 places are pretty much interchangeable with Birdville and Fossil Ridge at the top side of the small group. regardless here are my predictions.

1 James Martin

2 Panther creek

3 The Colony

4 Fossil Ridge/ Birdville

6 Lakeview Centennial/Little elm/ Mansfield

9 Frisco Centennial

10 Rockwall-Heath

Just by the way, I have Fossil Ridge above Birdville because they beat Birdville at US Saginaw by almost 2 points

1 hour ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

Have you seen a score breakdown for Mesquite last weekend? I heard RW guard wasn’t far away from Hebron. 

Yeah I think there was about a 100 point difference between Hebrons guard and Rockwalls guard. Very good performance from both schools

16 hours ago, Idkwhattoputhere said:

I believe that they were knew to their drill for their fourth movement 

LC marcher here, our 4th part was lowkey rushed out as we had only started it like the week before contest week. it felt uncomfortable and unsure on the field at mesquite and melissa. though we’ve been working all week cleaning the show and improving on judge’s comments.