Funny corps rivalries within your band

QuadraticBeats

Not exaclty. Every GIRL at every high school loves the Cavies.

Me included. :wub:

In fact, a while ago I saw this clip from the Cavies' 2003 show where one of the marimbists played this GORGEOUS 4-mallet solo, and the only thought going through my head was "OMG I'M IN LOVE!" That's when I realized what a corps **** I truly am. :lol:

Ummmm.....Errrrrr......If you have not noticed, the Cadets have been around since 1934. They can flat out play, regardless of what props, amps (which most corps use with their pits), etc. Their drumline was smoking this past year. Lets all remember they are just a year removed from their 99.15 show. The only difference from 2005 and 2006 is that in the place of a drumspeak there is singing...I see no difference. Anyways, lets not forget about the Cadets of the 80s (5 titles in 8 years) and their magnificant show in 2000.

Im sorry for the rant, its just been a long time....needed to get it out of my system lol. GO BLUE DEVILS!!!

The day I die is when a man with no concert band experience and only 1 year of College Marching Band experience can lead a drum corps.

Sorry, George Hopkins kinda makes me want to shoot myself.

edit typos.

Yyyyyeah....he seems to have done a pretty darn good job with his "lack" of experience.

His staff has. Hes just showed his inexperience in the way his shows are designed. Amped, and with singers.

Sorry, I dont think Hopkins has respect for old school Drum Corps or classical music as a whole.

His staff has.  Hes just showed his inexperience in the way his shows are designed.  Amped, and with singers.

Sorry, I dont think Hopkins has respect for old school Drum Corps or classical music as a whole.

And what exactly is wrong with amps and singers? Just because nobody else does it doesn't mean it's wrong. There is no wrong being done in advancing the activity to a new level. Besides that, Hopkins has been there for every one of the Cadets championships. This current path he is taking has only been thier trend for a couple years now. The Cadets past championships and non-winning shows were certainly nothing like 05 and 06. And the 8 previous championships prior to 05 were not a mark of inexperience. 23 years (i think thats right) with one organization is no mark of immaturity nor inexperience. On the contrary, George Hopkins is probably one of the most knowledgeable people in the world when it comes to drum corps. Sure he can't take all the credit as some is due to his staff. But staff comes and goes as the years go by, Hopkins has been the one solid figure in the Cadets organization.

Ummmm.....Errrrrr......If you have not noticed, the Cadets have been around since 1934. They can flat out play, regardless of what props, amps (which most corps use with their pits), etc. Their drumline was smoking this past year. Lets all remember they are just a year removed from their 99.15 show. The only difference from 2005 and 2006 is that in the place of a drumspeak there is singing...I see no difference. Anyways, lets not forget about the Cadets of the 80s (5 titles in 8 years) and their magnificant show in 2000.

Im sorry for the rant, its just been a long time....needed to get it out of my system lol. GO BLUE DEVILS!!!

I'll like the Cadets a helluva lot more if they by chance decide to perform one of my shows I sent them for their open source competition.

In my school's drumline, our Drum Captain/center snare is the most obsessed Cavies fan I've ever known. As for myself, I am a hardcore BD fan (though I do not always like how they exercise their talents). Despite them not being "clean", in his opinion, guess who came home with second place percussion and who went home with fourth :P ?

I'm sorry. I have to agree with my friend Chris. I have a couple of girls who like the Cavis..and I love the Blue Devils.

I mean come on..

They are awesome.

Then we have people who are obsessed with Phantom. I'd have to say they are my second fav drum corps.

• 2 weeks later...

2005 Cavies show - entitled "My Kind of Suck!"

HaHa. There are very few corps that I don't like. One of my best friends was a two yr member of the Cavaliers (aged out in 05). He said that's what they called the show all year long. I'm still particular to my old BLOOOOOOOO.

I'm trying to get more kids at the school where I teach involved in the activity. I've got a few that may try out this year. Gotta start somewhere, right?