Bus Ride Stories

Salesmonkey

Not really a bus "ride", but it's the most fun I've had on a bus.

This summer, at DCI Championships, we spent a solid 2 hours of semifinals night, not at the stadium, but in the bus. We had one guy on the outside luring people (mostly members of the Blue Stars) to walk past our bus, and whenever they did, 5 of us would pop open the window and scream at the top of our lungs. The reactions of some were utterly priceless.

ok so this isnt a band bus ride story, but whatever

i was going to florida with my youth group by bus ( :wacko: ). 14 hours. on the way there, one of my friends needed to relieve himself, so he climbed over all the people on the floor and chairs and windows and ceilings and tv's and aisles that were asleep, and got to the back of the bus. upon entering the bathroom, he couldn't find the lightswitch. he tried and tried but in the pitch black batroom, his attempts were futile. so my friend did what any logical person would do: he 'guessed.' and did he guess oh so wrong. he peed all ove the floor of the bathroom. one girl used it later and complained about the 'water' on the floor. If only she knew... (thats why you never walk into a bathroom barefoot)

like 2 years ago we went to South Padre for a contest during concert season... well on the varsity band bus this trombone guy (who ended up quitting) mooned our one of our directors on the bus (she teaches somewhere else now btw) and she ended up pulling him into the bus bathroom, closing the door, and yelling at him in there while the rest of the bus stood there listening... it was very interesting...

OHHHH I REMEMBER LONESTAR... (i wasn't on the PSAT bus) but my bus that broke down made them sit there for almost an hour cause we had our brakes locked... I heard some other pretty strange storys from there also.... and hopfully that teaches you to not sit by the bathroom!

haha.. the lonestar buses.. wow.. we should never speak of those stories again

We take 18 busses and 3-4 trucks to travel anywhere, so eventually, something's bound to happen, but you would know that we had a bus crash on the way to area, it was crazy, because some people refused to be treated by the paramedics, insiting they were healthy enough to march, and everone was mad because the news cameras came and filmed us. They had to move our time from 1:45 to 3 because of it, and even then, we literally walked off the busses and went straight to the warmup area. Crazy stuff happens on the busses all the time though. Never ride the Tuba Bus, unless you are one, or you're good friends with one. even then, be careful.