Videos from this year

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
that's the band that beat us into finals? *sigh*

Yup =)

That's area. But our state prelims performance can't be touched haha *licks finger, touches butt while making sizzle noise* j/p

We've come along way and deserved what we've accomplished. I've been associated with a few band programs and I've have to say, Akins band has the best student leadership, attitude, and work ethic I have ever seen. The kids that feed into Akins aren't fortunate enough to come from middle school band programs that as good as others, that doesn't bring down their(our) spirits though. It should be this way too. The rewards should go to the band that works the hardest, and not to those who might have gotten what they have by what has been "dropped" into their laps. Actually have to work for it.

Put in a tape from just 2-3 years ago. It's almost inconceivable how far we've come.

How does one achieve something like this "overnight"?

Not by fortune or accident. Hard work.

Yup =)

That's area. But our state prelims performance can't be touched haha *licks finger, touches butt while making sizzle noise* j/p

We've come along way and deserved what we've accomplished. I've been associated with a few band programs and I've have to say, Akins band has the best student leadership, attitude, and work ethic I have ever seen. The kids that feed into Akins aren't fortunate enough to come from middle school band programs that as good as others, that doesn't bring down their(our) spirits though. It should be this way too. The rewards should go to the band that works the hardest, and not to those who might have gotten what they have by what has been "dropped" into their laps. Actually have to work for it.

Put in a tape from just 2-3 years ago. It's almost inconceivable how far we've come.

self hype? idk

but ya its true i mean no offense, but look at an Akins 05 video... ya not a pretty sight and theyve really cleaned up and are really good they deserve winning everything they did.

Yup =)

I dont think a single band in this state has it "dropped in their lap." It doesnt matter how good the design, teaching or feeders are, greatness cannot be achieved without blood, sweat and tears from the students.

self hype? idk

but ya its true i mean no offense, but look at an Akins 05 video... ya not a pretty sight and theyve really cleaned up and are really good they deserve winning everything they did.

No, that guys comment just burnt me a little and I wanted to set him straight.

I didn't mean the things they achieved dropped in their lap right now, but all the great middle school/high school band programs with years of experience and success they may have been "born" into. If you've had great instruction throughout your whole life you are just taught all these great things by some of the best out there........... you're bound to be something(yes there are always exceptions). Even if said person doesn't try as hard, he will most likely do better than the person who hasn't had the same opportunities who tries equally as hard. That's just how it is. Most people that go to Akins, don't come from well, *cough* really awesome band programs.

So now my point was to that poster was that we've have worked immensely hard to get where we have in this short period of time. The guy who said, " that's the band who beat us? *sigh*" or something to that effect, just telling him that we deserved what we got.

Not apoligizing for what I've said, just clarifying.

Sticking up for my band.

Here's a more recent video btw. It's a lot better than the first one. =)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoid=1450485384