Region band

petersbe

Freshman year region band auditions were pretty fun ... one kid was horrible(including over half the room) and he decided he had no chance. He went up to the performance chair and played a pedal Bb, got up, packed up his horn, and left the room. The head judge said please warm up on the first note of the etude only as the kid is packing up his horn. The judges just waited on nothing as everyone laughs. Our room moniter was too confused to do anything. Next up is a very uncoordinated (way below average band nerd) who started 3 lines from the cut. He gets up from the chair sniffling, then tries to squeeze by the row closed to the dry erase board. Now this kid is overweight, and happens to hit two porcelein sculptures that fall to the floor and shatter. The room is pretty loud now and the even the judges are laughing. That is the most fun i have had waiting in region tryouts ever. Btw, you really had to be there to see the kids.

Yeah, mine have sucked for the last two years. My district had about 50-60 trumpets trying out, and it took forever. We got our scores between 12:30 and 1 am last year, and I had school the next day too...

oh gosh. same thing here...i think 61 flutes tried out last year.....and like 59 the year before...and then you have to wait 50 billion years until results come out. URGH. but yeah. its so boring....especially because some people doon't know the music at all and are forced to be there or whatev.

Freshman year region band auditions were pretty fun ... one kid was horrible(including over half the room) and he decided he had no chance. He went up to the performance chair and played a pedal Bb, got up, packed up his horn, and left the room. The head judge said please warm up on the first note of the etude only as the kid is packing up his horn. The judges just waited on nothing as everyone laughs. Our room moniter was too confused to do anything. Next up is a very uncoordinated (way below average band nerd) who started 3 lines from the cut. He gets up from the chair sniffling, then tries to squeeze by the row closed to the dry erase board. Now this kid is overweight, and happens to hit two porcelein sculptures that fall to the floor and shatter. The room is pretty loud now and the even the judges are laughing. That is the most fun i have had waiting in region tryouts ever. Btw, you really had to be there to see the kids.

we had about 70 tubas last year. and my room had all the people that would make area except for one in it. gah. talk about intense concentration and mind games.