LD Bell's Newest Instrument!

During LD Bell's Prelims performance at Area B, they used a percussion instrument that I've never seen anybody use before. It made many low rumbling loud noises at appropriate moments througout the show, and it's synthed beeping towards the end of the show made for quite an eery moment.

bellgarbagepropzz8.jpg

Yeah, the crash of the dumpster totally came right at the point when everyone in the band falls over. Genius.

It'll be tough to get that thing through the airlock in Indy though, so it's not something they can rely on.

Also, I too appreciated the irony of the "Trinity" on the truck.

QUOTE (Xenon @ Oct 29 2006, 01:56 PM)
During LD Bell's Prelims performance at Area B, they used a percussion instrument that I've never seen anybody use before. It made many low rumbling loud noises at appropriate moments througout the show, and it's synthed beeping towards the end of the show made for quite an eery moment.

user posted image

Are you freakin serious?

Are you freakin serious?

That thing pulled up in the middle of the performance (That is just to the left of the back stands), dumped both of those dumpsters (BOOM! CLANG!!!), reversed for a long time (beep, beep, beep) and finally left.

Mr. Earnhardt was not a happy man, and he expressed such quite loudly. He wanted the cameraman to make sure to get a shot of the truck dumping the trash.

Another amusing thing is that probably a minute after Bell's Finals performance, a large plane flew extremely low right overhead, filling the stadium with quite a large roar.

I would not want to see what Mr. Earnhardt would have done if that would have happened just a few minutes earlier.

I am sure that all of the bands who had to perform with noise from jets flying overhead, train whistles from the train tracks near bye, trash trucks, and the metronomes of bands warming up in the parking lot found it very funny.

UIL should be very proud for choosing such a fine venue to host an area contest.

UIL should be very proud for choosing such a fine venue to host an area contest.

The UIL did not demand that the contest be held at that site nor did they even choose it.

The site was chosen by a committe elected by the directors in the Area. If you want to get the site changed (with good reason), take it up with your director.

I am sure that all of the bands who had to perform with noise from jets flying overhead, train whistles from the train tracks near bye, trash trucks, and the metronomes of bands warming up in the parking lot found it very funny.

i was talking about how the noises the truck made kinda went with the show... chill out...

QUOTE (ClarinetFever747 @ Oct 29 2006, 08:50 PM)
Area F at Galena Park was really close to Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport

every performance had at least one airplane roaring in the sky above

I think you mean Hobby Airport.

Bush is on the north side of Houston.

The site was chosen by a committe elected by the directors in the Area.  If you want to get the site changed (with good reason), take it up with your director.

The site was chosen by the Executive Secretaries from the regions. The directors had no say in it.

Also, "taking it up" with my director would do no good, since he retired many years ago.