I maybe wrong but I believe that UIL and BOA have different show length restrictions as well as other key differences. So I'm just curious if bands that are competing at both BOA SA on Saturday and at UIL on Tuesday alter their shows for the time differences allowed, or make other changes for the different judging formats.

Usually shows are pretty much the exact same thing, but the opening or closing may be different. If you watch Reagan 2004 at state, you will notice that they cut the last two minutes (approx) and had an alternate ending. In 2005 at UIL, they cut out the whole piano intro and woodwind runs and started right when the whole band comes in. Not sure how they ended though.

Reagan is one of the better examples that I can think of right now. There are some other bands that do that, but I can't think of them right now.

I don't think it will have much of an effect in placement actually. Part 5 doesn't consist of a ton of marching or playing, it's just theatrical (for lack of a better word). The kind of stuff that gets emotion across and GE scores through the roof, but nothing that a UIL judge would really care about. It is REALLY cool though.