95.80 LD Bell

Music - tie LD Bell/Marcus

Visual - The Woodlands

G.E - Marcus

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to say that tonight's performances were all superb. From the class 2A champion, Loveland on was amazing. Each and every band had a great night tonight. The bands that truly stuck out for me tonight were Bell and Woodlands. Bell's show left the audience in awe, and the Woodlands had an excellent performance even though they were so early in finals. Congrats to all and good luck at state! And of course, good luck to Bell and Woodlands at GN

Ahh. Did anyone get to see finals? Any thoughts/comments on any of the bands? I'm anxious as heck for UIL State on Tuesday to be here so that I can see these insane bands. Congratulations to Bell! Bring the eagle back to Texas!:D

I was there, and i guess i will give a brief review of my thoughts on each band. I'll go in place order 12-1

Westfield-Westfield was first to perform, which can be seen as bad in any cirumstance. I liked how they showcased the piano, but in my opinion it was a little too much. Great music though, well done.

Clear Brook- To be honest, I wasnt really into this show just because of bell,reagan,richland before, but also a great performance. Awesome job on Rite of Spring. Music was beautiful. Drill, a little sloppy to me, but great job overall.

Westlake- Westlake surprised me. "music of the Americas" was a creative idea, and imo worked well. The trombone soloist was the highlight for me...they had a great ensemble sound and played the heck out of that music.

Hebron- Talk about a crowd pleaser. I thought the drill was awesome, as usual. The arrows pointing in different directions were very cool. Dance break, crowd went wild early standing O. Amazing ending with a bring back of the dance break, and then pointing to the stands. Great job.

Cedar Park- wow. After CP missing last year's finals, i was looking forward to this performance, and was not let down. Fire of Eternal Glory was beautiful. Excellent sound, the music was what did it for me.

Churchill- I hate to say it, but i was looking at the guard the whole time. A few fumbles here and there, but overall fantastic job. Two rifles...wow. Low placement, but there is always UIL.

Richland- VERY creative. yet another great concept for a show. Inside out to you are. Voiceovers were actually kinda cool. drill was insane as was last years. Great job musically, and visually

Haltom- Haltom truly deserved top 5 this year. musical selections were amazing. Going from westlake to whitacre back and forth, then switching songs-October to i believe it was water night-back to october was awesome. One of my favorites this year. good luck at state!

Reagan- I knew that Transitions was not going to be exactly what a "Reagan" show is these days, but i actually liked it. The drill was EXTREMELY clean! I'd say the cleanest of the night. You could tell that this was a UIL show, and they are right to do that. the music was great. gl at state.

Marcus- very cute in my book. Guard was awesome again this year with the utilization of various props, from seaweed to seahorses to crustaceans, overall a great visual show. music was great as well. gl at state

Woodlands- Ah, the Woodlands. right when they began marching on the field, i knew they were going to have a great performance. They gave off an aura of confidence. from the mp3 introduction of "hide and seek" the audience was hooked. A very creative show from woodlands, as usual, and my favorite woodlands show. I have a feeling this show will do great at state. It has everything. gl at state and gn

Bell- Bell, Bell, Bell. There is nothing i can say that jutsifies tonight's performance. The amount of passion and emotion that was put into tonight's performance was unspeakable. I loved how the guard girl opened and closed the show. The audience was in a trance throughout the show. It was unreal. I dont think i blinked once. one of the greatest Bell shows of all time, and definately deserved the champion spot tonight. If they perform this way Tuesday night, I see another Gold medal for them. hands down, performance of the night. Should win GN. gl at state and gn.

sorry for the redundance in this "review." As you can see, the music performances were superb tonight. EVERY band that walked out there tonight played the best they could, and the musical selections were awesome.

I was there, and i guess i will give a brief review of my thoughts on each band. I'll go in place order 12-1

Westfield-Westfield was first to perform, which can be seen as bad in any cirumstance. I liked how they showcased the piano, but in my opinion it was a little too much. Great music though, well done.

Clear Brook- To be honest, I wasnt really into this show just because of bell,reagan,richland before, but also a great performance. Awesome job on Rite of Spring. Music was beautiful. Drill, a little sloppy to me, but great job overall.

Westlake- Westlake surprised me. "music of the Americas" was a creative idea, and imo worked well. The trombone soloist was the highlight for me...they had a great ensemble sound and played the heck out of that music.

Hebron- Talk about a crowd pleaser. I thought the drill was awesome, as usual. The arrows pointing in different directions were very cool. Dance break, crowd went wild early standing O. Amazing ending with a bring back of the dance break, and then pointing to the stands. Great job.

Cedar Park- wow. After CP missing last year's finals, i was looking forward to this performance, and was not let down. Fire of Eternal Glory was beautiful. Excellent sound, the music was what did it for me.

Churchill- I hate to say it, but i was looking at the guard the whole time. A few fumbles here and there, but overall fantastic job. Two rifles...wow. Low placement, but there is always UIL.

Richland- VERY creative. yet another great concept for a show. Inside out to you are. Voiceovers were actually kinda cool. drill was insane as was last years. Great job musically, and visually

Haltom- Haltom truly deserved top 5 this year. musical selections were amazing. Going from westlake to whitacre back and forth, then switching songs-October to i believe it was water night-back to october was awesome. One of my favorites this year. good luck at state!

Reagan- I knew that Transitions was not going to be exactly what a "Reagan" show is these days, but i actually liked it. The drill was EXTREMELY clean! I'd say the cleanest of the night. You could tell that this was a UIL show, and they are right to do that. the music was great. gl at state.

Marcus- very cute in my book. Guard was awesome again this year with the utilization of various props, from seaweed to seahorses to crustaceans, overall a great visual show. music was great as well. gl at state

Woodlands- Ah, the Woodlands. right when they began marching on the field, i knew they were going to have a great performance. They gave off an aura of confidence. from the mp3 introduction of "hide and seek" the audience was hooked. A very creative show from woodlands, as usual, and my favorite woodlands show. I have a feeling this show will do great at state. It has everything. gl at state and gn

Bell- Bell, Bell, Bell. There is nothing i can say that jutsifies tonight's performance. The amount of passion and emotion that was put into tonight's performance was unspeakable. I loved how the guard girl opened and closed the show. The audience was in a trance throughout the show. It was unreal. I dont think i blinked once. one of the greatest Bell shows of all time, and definately deserved the champion spot tonight. If they perform this way Tuesday night, I see another Gold medal for them. hands down, performance of the night. Should win GN. gl at state and gn.

sorry for the redundance in this "review." As you can see, the music performances were superb tonight. EVERY band that walked out there tonight played the best they could, and the musical selections were awesome.

How about a review of all bands? lol is that asking to much?

Bell was the only band I got to see at BOA SA (twice from the tunnel before we went out and once for their encore) and oh my god, I couldn't care less that I saw nothing else. Phenomenal. They sounded amazing, they looked amazing, and I had chills the whole time watching it, my jaw was also to the floor the entire time. Excellent job, Bell, loved it, loved it, loved it. As for everyone else, it is unfortunate I didn't get to see you, I wish I could have seen more x_x but those going to state and nats, gooooood luck! And those going to state, see you there!

I have to agree.

Their show was amazing.

I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and after thier show I had to run to the bathroom. MAN it was amazing.

If I buy a BOA DVD it would be to watch them again.

And Marcus.

I Loved their show as well.

Pretty neat.

I am still awe struck.

did anybody see that colorguard girl from bell run straight into the wall during the finals performance??? THAT WAS CRAZY!!!!

There show is definitely going to win GNs...it's jus too good to beat. Getting at 95.8 at a Super Regionals is hard to accomplish already and for them to get that is crazy...im expecting big numbers at GNs from them (World Record Potential) ^_^ .

Man...i was going crazy from looking at their extra hard drill and music and it was all so good. They had a huge colorguard and they were all on point. The marchers running around and sliding and stuff was amazing. Also the part where the band was slowly crawling to the colorguard member that was dancing. It was just a show for the memory books. That show is definitely one of the best shows I've ever seen in my life.

Omg Bell was soo gosh dang good i was like woah and idk the music just like did something.

The woodlands rockd too i didnt like hide and seek the first time i heard it but after seeing that show i was like dangg.

Marcus... hahaha i was laughing the whole time, that crab marching thing was soo awesome and so where those crab princers or whatever haha awesome show

Reagan, for a UIL show it was friggen awesome dang its like the cleanest ive ever seen Reagan and i think they can so take home state.

anyone know what happend to Bowie?

What do you mean, when in the show did that happen?

towards the end of the show when the band broke into seperate blocks on either side of the field, the colorguard ran to the back of the field as if they were seeking salvation, but couldnt reach it. so, all you saw were red dresses running toward the back wall, then all of them struggling to touch it, yet not being able to; they all fell right before reaching it. It was amazing.