BOA San Antonio FINALS Results

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, we didn't do BOA this year.

And holy crap...agreeing with Aaron, the eerie singing/synth in Bell's show just blows me away. Seriously, during State, when Bell started doing their "pre-performance" while they announced Bell's show and stuff, I had so many goosebumps and chills and all that crazy stuff.

I loved it. :D

why don't your bands spring and westfield only do one UIL or BOA? why don't ya'll do both in a year?

Uhm...good question. I can't answer that though, haha, because I don't know the answer.

I know this year our show was just more UIL-focused , so I think that's why our directors decided to do UIL and not BOA this year. Westfield...I'm not exactly sure why they only do/did BOA.

why don't your bands spring and westfield only do one UIL or BOA? why don't ya'll do both in a year?

The last time Spring did BOA and UIL together was 2002...They dropped out of UIL for the 03 season which means they couldnt go to UIL in 04. So i mean they really only missed 1 state competition. Since forever until 2002 spring did do both, and up until 2002 were very successful at both. The only reason i can see Spring NOT doing BOA this year is (whether the kids want to admit it or not) they are finally finishing rebuilding the program. Anyone who is old enough knew how dominant spring was in the 90's and especially the late 90's up into 2001. 2002 started a downward spiral and they have had a tough job getting back into the elite in Texas, and thats a heck of a task. Spring is finally (i say finally because spring has been small since 03) getting their size back and with the size comes the ability to do drill and be more effective. Their drill designer is doing great drill for them and Musella and the directors are picking great music for a program that can play their horns with the best in the nation. Im sure next year they jump into BOA again...at least i hope so!

Sorry that was so long...i needed a break from studying... :ph34r:

We didnt stay for finals...but my mum did and thought every one was amazing. She especially loved the ending Bell used that night. And Marcus!!! Whoot! She LOVED ya'll!! (And thats pretty hard to do 'cause she was in the band and has now sat through another 4 years with me)!!!