BOA San Antonio FINALS Results

You're right. It's not the crawling that makes them good. It's the flag and rifle work.

Amen to that, and its the raw emotion put out there. the flag work with the ballad was truly amazing, and when all you could hear were flags rippling through the dome in certain spots...sensational

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Woodlands won GE in prelims. Marcus won it in finals.

ah, gotcha.

and to reiterate what others and myself said earlier, Cedar Park sounded infreakingcredible!

It seemed to me as maybe Churchill didn't have their best performance for finals? maybe it was just me. I also wasn't too keen on the musical arrangements. they played fine, i just don't think the show was arranged to really show them off. that was the first time i'd seen them, though. maybe another read is necessary.

what can i say

they were marching persechetti

and i guess that they are using the texture of the music to create the show

not just the music itself

im asuming that your talking about the arangement

not just the actual delivery of the performance...

May I ask exactly what school you are from?

I have an idea, I just want confirmation.

what can i say

they were marching persechetti

and i guess that they are using the texture of the music to create the show

not just the music itself

im asuming that your talking about the arangement

not just the actual delivery of the performance...

Please stop trying to make it look like you're not from Churchill. It's not working.

And I know all about Persichetti's incredibly unique textures. Churchill's arrangements were fine. Like I said, they didn't SOUND as good as other bands in finals. That has nothing to do with a design standpoint.

I didn't think I said anything offensive in the first place for you to stick up for them. I simply stated that, in my personal opinion, several bands sounded better.

i wasn't talking about you in particular

but i do think that you are right about their true sound

what did you think about their arrangement?

idk i think its just okay

i don't think that it has that great of an emotional impact

but i still think that they have a good product

I thought the arrangement was good but not great. It's extremely difficult to arrange Persichetti for a marching band and do it well. The ballad section with the 2nd movement of Symphony for Band was excellent, however. I thought this was their best playing of the show. Psalm for Band was just ok. I found myself singing along a lot, though, since I've played both pieces in concert season.

the high scores made me happy :D

even if the particular outcome i wanted to, uh, happen.... uh didn't. it's cool to see that EVERYONE is really steppin' their game up. it makes the whole contest a lot more exciting.

but, one quick question... the scores at the arlington and houston regionals were really low, and these were really high. so, did everyone get that much better, or was that caused by a difference in judging?

but, one quick question... the scores at the arlington and houston regionals were really low, and these were really high.  so, did everyone get that much better, or was that caused by a difference in judging?

that much better...really. I looked over at my friend after the performances were done and said "12th place is going to get nothing below 85.50" and they didnt, so fierce competition

that much better...really. I looked over at my friend after the performances were done and said "12th place is going to get nothing below 85.50" and they didnt, so fierce competition

Haha I was going mad when they announced 12th place with a score of 87 something. A score like that will usually get you top 5 anywhere else.

i kinda figured...

bell with that 95.8. they're smokin' this year... and i still have yet to see their show :( ... sadly i only got to see three bands on saturday cus i got here at like 9:35.

but, i'll be at the AAAAA state finals :D

but, in all seriousness, it's great to see that the marching bands(collective) in texas are getting better. promising future=very good thing.

LD Bell was simply outstanding (espically their guard). I believe Marcus should have been placed higher then they were at finals. Im not trying to be rude, but Reagans show was not all that great to me, i have seen them do better, i really was not feeling it to much. As far as we go... I hate the way we placed, we have worked soooooooooo hard like the rest of the bands. I could NOT be HAPPIER with our finals performance, it was darn near perfect, we fixed everything the judges commented about at prelims. I think us going first had a lot to do with it. Im upset, but u move on with life. I wish all the bands the best of luck at state this week, and Grand Nats. Hopefully a texas band will bring the Eagle back to Texas where it belongs!!! :lol: (There was some bands that played our music from grand nats year 03', yeah that was not cool at all). Does anyone agree with me when i say a lot of the placements were shocking... :o

Sooooo... My first time getting to see a High school band live, and it was L.D. Bell !!! ^_^

Talk about a rude awakening (in a good way) that was surely the greatest general effect i could ask for, becuz i'm not really into the whole happy go lucky deal.

And yes i waz bitter about the placement i recieved, BUT i think the numbers don't lie. I mean an 87 is pretty darn good, then u see a 95 which is amazing. well deserved on both sides. Keep in mind that i didnt get to see all bands therefore i'll reiterate that "the numbers don't lie".

Grand Nationals??? I heard the announcer say the score that Avon got in the Indiana final, and it was about a 93...so that should put Bell and Woodlands in very good shape for this week.

P.S. did anyone hear the guy yelling random witch craft during the finals results i was LMAO :D

Hey guys. Im part of the Bowie Band and id like to say we had a solid run saturday, but it is believed that there were penalty point for timing getting on and off the field. Also we had some individuals who did not hit a critical set which caused them to fall (oh dear...) and so all and all musicaly we did better than marching....we will see tommrow at UIL...and in Indy ^_^

Hey guys. Im part of the Bowie Band and id like to say we had a solid run saturday, but it is believed that there were penalty point for timing getting on and off the field. Also we had some individuals who did not hit a critical set which caused them to fall (oh dear...) and so all and all musicaly we did better than marching....we will see tommrow at UIL...and in Indy ^_^

There weren't any penalties on Bowie.