Who do you think was the loudest band this year?

I can't really say because i didn't think many bands got loud this year. Like, personally, a lot of bands stayed within a certain volume range so that they would sound better.

Again, thats my opinion, so please just say your opinion and don't fight! :D

and i know this isnt from this year but if you ever seen Ayala 2004 they we're loud

yes!! 2004 ayala, we did that show this year, same music, different drill, we all loved it.

hypar effect!!! would've been fun to march that in front of a big crowd - we marched way early for area and shsu and boa houston, there was only our band parents and maybe a handful of other people.

and for finals at shsu, we marched first, everyone wasn't back from dinner yet to come watch...

we weren't even close to ayala's sound, but then again we only marched around 105 people this year, guard and battery included.

last year we marched 87..haha

Does anyone know the entire student population of Allen High School? I know it's smaller than ours.

Allen has approximately 4,630 students 9-12 according to the UIL, but Allen HS is only actually 10-12, so I would expect them to have about 3,200 10-12.

Arlington Martin has 3,386 9-12.

Duncanville has 3,760 9-12.

Plano East has 5,652 9-12, but is only a 11-12 school.

Allen has approximately 4,630 students 9-12 according to the UIL, but Allen HS is only actually 10-12, so I would expect them to have about 3,200 10-12.

Arlington Martin has 3,386 9-12.

Duncanville has 3,760 9-12.

Plano East has 5,652 9-12, but is only a 11-12 school.

Man you'd think Duncanville would be bigger. I'm scared to think of our population if our schools combined.

At Grand Nationals:  Kenesaw Mountain.  Wow, what a sound.

They had a massive loud chourd sound, but they really covered up all of the technical playing with some very thought out tricks.

During each technical section, if you look in the cubes, you will see a representative of whichever section is playing the tech part. It was obvious that they were the good player and they were mic'ed above everybody else. This was especially apparent in Finals when they were mic'ed louder than Semi's.

I must be pretty loud when they're practicing...hopefully there aren't any neighborhoods nearby...

which by the way...

Our school used to practice in the back parking lot, but when some extremely intelligent developers (sarcasm) decided to build a neighborhood around the lot, angry homeowners did some crazy things...

We actually have support from the people of the neighborhood around our practice area, even when we practiced at 5:30 a.m. for area competition.

so they dont like cut anyone from the drill?? thats like crazy

Actually, I believe they have around 100 alternates, give or take 20.

They also have people come and watch them rehearse (i.e. parents, kids doing homework, ect). There's apparently quite a bit of community support for the Allen band.