so they dont like cut anyone from the drill?? thats like crazy

I think cutting people from the drill is weak. Even though we did it at my school, I think it takes the focus away from education, and places it more on being successful competitively. I don't know if I'll do it in my band.

I think cutting people from the drill is weak. Even though we did it at my school, I think it takes the focus away from education, and places it more on being successful competitively. I don't know if I'll do it in my band.

I agree. I mean, obviously there are always going to be the weaker ones and the stronger ones...but if the sole purpose of this all is educate kids about music, why would you deny the experience to some? Is it really that much work to just spend extra time with those who don't quite have the skill yet? I thought that was the whole point of teaching - to teach people things they don't know, and to help them gain full knowledge of it.

Then again, perhaps easier said than done. But I still hold true to what I said.

I'm with you guys, but I feel that the other side of the argument should be presented as well, so here we go:

[Devil's Advocate]

The small number of kids that were cut were just holding the band back and making it so that the kids at the top wouldn't be able to advance in their skills as much as they could otherwise. Why should the kids that are most likely to keep music as their profession from experiencing what it takes to excel in the industry?

[/Devil's Advocate]

i dont think think its weak, i mean some people clearly DO NOT belong on the field, i mean when we were gonna cut the drill we were just taking out people who refuse to learn music or learn the drill and who give alot of attitude that just ultimately brings the band down.

besides in Allens case they could make 2 duncanvilles outta that or 3 Cedar Parks or 4 Leanders.

so ya

As for the cutting people part....

I'm all for it. I'm sorry but when I was in high school, I wanted to win. Period. Take it we didnt exactly win a ton while I was there, but that was always my goal. If you want to be competitive you can't be nice. Bad people gotta go.

If you wanna march for fun...thats college...unless your at aTm...then its he11.

Seriously i cant say he11?

I'm with you guys, but I feel that the other side of the argument should be presented as well, so here we go:

[Devil's Advocate]

The small number of kids that were cut were just holding the band back and making it so that the kids at the top wouldn't be able to advance in their skills as much as they could otherwise. Why should the kids that are most likely to keep music as their profession from experiencing what it takes to excel in the industry?

[/Devil's Advocate]

Yeah, great point. And "weak" was a bad choice of word.

Also, in a way, having an alternate system encourages kids to work hard to make the band in the first place. I don't know, both sides are arguable. I'll figure it out one day.