Favorite Corps?

LeanderBass5

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact: Most upper drum corps don't have much difference in individual talent. It's the design and execution that brings things together. I say this because in the outside world, especially for music majors, the guy who marches Cavaliers could be sitting in a chair position lower than the person who marched Teal Sound for three years at college.

Fact: Most upper drum corps don't have much difference in individual talent. It's the design and execution that brings things together. I say this because in the outside world, especially for music majors, the guy who marches Cavaliers could be sitting in a chair position lower than the person who marched Teal Sound for three years at college.

Truth, it's mostly about the teaching.

I think the crossmen are the future...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that they will probably place in the top eight this year and maybe win one by their third year under mark chambers.

I think Crossmen will be up there along with the Bluecoats and any other sure-fire corps, but I strongly disagree with them winning it all in three years.

Yea, if you guys are saying its mostly about staff and teaching, the Crossmen definately have one of the best.

And from marching div 1 drum corps, I can assure you that the talent level definately makes a big difference. Teaching helps, but your talent level lets your teachers teach faster.

Yea, if you guys are saying its mostly about staff and teaching, the Crossmen definately have one of the best.

And from marching div 1 drum corps, I can assure you that the talent level definately makes a big difference. Teaching helps, but your talent level lets your teachers teach faster.

Amen to that- the staff aren't gonna be the ones that are marching the night of World Finals.

I think the crossmen are the future...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that they will probably place in the top eight this year and maybe win one by their third year under mark chambers.

20 dollars says you wouldn't have said that before the move to Texas, even with the audition of Chambers.

Crossmen definetely have a shot at getting into the top 12, but I think top 8 this year is a stretch, even. "Winning it all in 3 years" is not even close. heck, I'd be surpized if they won sometime in the next 10 years. This isn't a shot at the Crossmen (I love them, afterall) but for a new corps to win DCI is extremely rare (the most recent being Phantom in 96), ecspecially a corps who has missed finals for two years straight.

Will Crossmen make finals? No clue. You can quote this post and save it if the Crossmen make it in the top 8 this year, and if they win it all in 3 years. I think a more reasonable assumption is 12th or so this year, top 8 in 3 years.

-C

20 dollars says you wouldn't have said that before the move to Texas, even with the audition of Chambers.

Yeah, but they did move to Texas, and that's why he said it.

I don't see any reason why they can't win DCI in the next 10 years. They have a ton going for them.

Yeah, but they did move to Texas, and that's why he said it.

I don't see any reason why they can't win DCI in the next 10 years. They have a ton going for them.

I didn't say they wouldn't. I just said I'd be surpized.

And that's not because of the Crossmen, it's because of the fact it's historically difficult to win division 1. The Cavaliers, BD, SCV, Madison, Phantom, and Star are the only 6 corps who have won a championship, and only 4 of those corps have won more than once.

Could it happen? yeah, sure it could. Will it happen? I dunno... I hope it does, but I just don't know if it will.

To me, the only new corps who is capable winning in the next 3 years is Bluecoats.

-C

No, but if they give the kids the most boring show ever created, they wont be in finals.

Point is you need both

Don't even f---ing remind me, lol. I know that all too well. But you're refering more of to a design team than a group of teachers. At school they are generally one-in-the-same, but not so much in corps.

QUOTE (CHS King Mello @ Dec 19 2006, 05:41 PM)

And that's not because of the Crossmen, it's because of the fact it's historically difficult to win division 1. The Cavaliers, BD, SCV, Madison, Phantom, and Star are the only 6 corps who have won a championship, and only 4 of those corps have won more than once.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I just thoguht while we were on the subject I'd throw out a little known fact.

Before this year, there had only been 5 bands to ever win Texas UIL 5A state. Marcus being the 6th.

From the times I've seen them perform this past year, they've still got a ways to go. They seemed to peek fairly early this year and then just never got to the level that the other corps got to.

well, 4th place is still a very good corps.

I agree that they need to add a little extra umph to push them into the top 3, and into first. I don't think that includes talent level, because the talent there is just about as good as you can get, and they were performing the heck out of what they were given.

Maybe some better written drill.

-C

From the times I've seen them perform this past year, they've still got a ways to go. They seemed to peek fairly early this year and then just never got to the level that the other corps got to.

Yeah, they did peak this year. I still loved the show this year a lot.