• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, so I've been practicing like crazy. I have all notes, dynamics, etc.

Maybe the trills and turns aren't solid, but good enough.

So right now I'm conquering tempo, technique, musicality, and basically solidifying my entire performance.

But I have this urge of triumph now, It's quite a 'high' like feeling. I call it insanity, but **** it feels great! My motivation baby.

Yeah, so I've been practicing like crazy. I have all notes, dynamics, etc.

Maybe the trills and turns aren't solid, but good enough.

So right now I'm conquering tempo, technique, musicality, and basically solidifying my entire performance.

But I have this urge of triumph now, It's quite a 'high' like feeling. I call it insanity, but **** it feels great! My motivation baby.

I always get that as I go into my room and hear all the other players SHAMING themselves.

I always get that as I go into my room and hear all the other players SHAMING themselves.

oh no, dont remind me about THAT. if i had to pick the worst instrument for a bad player, it would be the Clarinet.

you can really tell who's good and who's horrible on Clarinet. since all the clarinets of region 19 are on the same night, we'll have to endure the blotched high notes and such bad tuning and wake-the-dead sounds all night. :wacko:

oh no, dont remind me about THAT. if i had to pick the worst instrument for a bad player, it would be the Clarinet.

you can really tell who's good and who's horrible on Clarinet. since all the clarinets of region 19 are on the same night, we'll have to endure the blotched high notes and such bad tuning and wake-the-dead sounds all night. :wacko:

Let's just hope I don't get too nervous and join that crowd,lol :)

I dont like how the organized region 19 auditions this year. I liked the way the seperated the districts and then have the final cut on phase 2 for ALL instruments. <_<

really? IMHO this is how it should've always been.

the old system was bad because for example - you play clarinet / trumpet and have the first round with Kingwood, Kingwood has ton of trumpets and clarinets. other people on different nights that have less competeition will make it. this way, some people make it who aren't that good and some good people don't make it because of their night's competition.

If they are smart, and I have doubts :lol: , we will have 3 rooms of clarinets, with 5 judges each. the judges will switch out rooms and hear different etudes (J1-5 will hear only etude 1, J6-10 will hear #2, J11-15 will hear #3)

since it's only a cattle call audition the first night, i wouldnt worry too much about it, treat it as a warm-up for saturday ;)

oh wait, were you originally a part of region 19? the old system was separating the schools into 3 nights and then the 2nd round for area

yea im still part of region 19, but since my instrument is auxillary, we only get one round for area. But I like the new idea of switching out rooms for consistent judging.

cool, i'm glad you like the idea, but to make it clear, nobody is sure of what's going to happen, the room thing was just something i thought up. ;)

ranked 3rd in round one! :D

87 showed up - unfortunately (we took a bus and got back to school at 2AM :blink: )

i thought i play kinda badly, *shrug*

region 19 clarinets were in the auditorium for the first time - as far as my experience.

we sat in the WOODEN seats while the judges were on stage facing away from us

when we played, the sound bounced off the pit part of the stage, back at us, into the auditorium, then to the judges, it was weird...

so it took 3 hrs to play the first etude, and the cuts for the other two were changed

they were stupid and didnt split us up like i wanted. we lined up at 5:15 ish and came out completely finished around 11:15 ish then we waited for results, but it took forever.

we had the choice to go home or stay and wait (not excused from school this morning - i got up at 6)

we waited it out (@ PMHS, we're hardcorps like that) only some like 3 random people, Dear Park, and us actually waited for the trumpet results.

got back to school at 2AM, home at 2:30 AM

saturday will only have 31 clarinets versus our old region that took 54

ranked 3rd in round one! :D

87 showed up - unfortunately (we took a bus and got back to school at 2AM :blink: )

i thought i play kinda badly, *shrug*

region 19 clarinets were in the auditorium for the first time - as far as my experience.

we sat in the WOODEN seats while the judges were on stage facing away from us

when we played, the sound bounced off the pit part of the stage, back at us, into the auditorium, then to the judges, it was weird...

so it took 3 hrs to play the first etude, and the cuts for the other two were changed

they were stupid and didnt split us up like i wanted. we lined up at 5:15 ish and came out completely finished around 11:15 ish then we waited for results, but it took forever.

we had the choice to go home or stay and wait (not excused from school this morning - i got up at 6)

we waited it out (@ PMHS, we're hardcorps like that) only some like 3 random people, Dear Park, and us actually waited for the trumpet results.

got back to school at 2AM, home at 2:30 AM

saturday will only have 31 clarinets versus our old region that took 54

Ranked 18 out of 87...not bad considering it wasnt my BEST audition

Andy, if you would have played kinda badly, you wouldn't have gotten 3rd! You did great last night. I can't believe you actually stayed for the results..we left after our band director saw the bus driver coming back!

The tryouts were messed up...I saw my old band director and he said they were going to do the panel thing, but didn't last night because it wasn't voted on or whatever. And moving us from one row to another didn't exactly help the 'crowding' problem either..duh!

Oh well...Saturday should be interesting. I've never done the whole 5A thing before :ph34r: