• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ranked 18 out of 87...not bad considering it wasnt my BEST audition

Andy, if you would have played kinda badly, you wouldn't have gotten 3rd! You did great last night. I can't believe you actually stayed for the results..we left after our band director saw the bus driver coming back!

Oh well...Saturday should be interesting. I've never done the whole 5A thing before :ph34r:

thanks sarah! congrats to you too. since senoirs have SAT on SATurday, heh if the two in front of me had to take it somewhere in Kingwood, and couldnt make it to tryouts.... :ph34r:

after we got results at 1:20 AM, CST or so we got lost in the school...lol it was like a maze in there, no windows, no doors (lots of them were locked)

PMHS

all 4 clarinets made it (3,6,22,27)

4 trumpets got region 1 district

3 flutes region 1 dist.

1 percussion region

region 19 round 2 is at Dobie HS, PISD off of beltway 8

oh yeah, Channelview is 4A? so you decided to try 5A this year?

Well, Region 26 auditions phase 1 start this Friday right after school. Registration is at 5:30 and begins at 6.

I'm nervous and confident at the same time. We have some competitive schools going being at our region.

Westwood, Leander, Cedar Park...Us, I don't know too much about McNeil or Stony Point players..

but man, I'm nervous.

I'm practicing like crazy..and I enjoy it. B)

I dont think im going to make region band (in 5A they are only talking i think 5 bass clarinets this year). I dont know my music that well, which is totally my fault cuz i started practiceing it and learning it about 2 weeks ago, im not totally bad, and i sound good, but i always get really nervous and totally screw up, but im not expecting to place that high this year so ill just be laughing at myself.

anyone who will be starting phase 1 friday at westfield, ill be there working (probally in the trumpet room-thats always fun)

idk about that, how many do 4A take from area to state?

cause in 5A, we have: Clear Lake, Clear Creek, Clear Brook, and everyone else...

4A takes 4 to state. Doesn't 5A take like, 6? I totally forgot about the Clear schools. Anyway, I have a feeling some Friendswoodians may try to go on 5A track this year. That would suck majorly!

If this was my old region, I MIGHT have a shot at making it cause they took 8. This year I don't know how many. They cut how many they take to orchestra in half, so maybe only 4 bassoons? <_< ...fun stuff. And afterwards I'm going straight to Waco for our playoff game in like 20 degree weather :o ... :blink:

So much for that.

:(

I'll be rooting for you.

----

Besides that. I advanced on today. My nerves killed me.., but then again, I was only going off by coffee, so I'm going to drink lots of water today..and eat..and blah blah blah...

so guys, who are in region 26.. I'll see you today.

4th chair 2nd band (16th overall--up two chairs from Tuesday) in region auditions...sooo much better than last year, but I missed area by several chairs. What a bummer! Anyway, congrats to CLARINETGLISSANDO (aka Andyy) for getting 2nd in the region and advancing to area! Yeaaaaaa

thanks Sarah! congrats to you too! how did Ralph do?