• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many to mention.....

Lassiter HS, GA 1998 - The Wind and the Lion

Percussion break all the way to the end of the show.

Lake Park HS, IL 2000 - April 19, 1995: To Bind the Nation's Wounds

Rose segment with 'Amazing Grace' being played in the background.

Westfield HS, TX 2003 - Because We Are...

The climax of the ballad from Eric Whitacre's "Water Night." Absolutely breathtaking.

Kennesaw Mountain HS, GA 2004 - Evolution

Entire ballad and the climax at the end of the show from 'The Way We Were.' Chills, chills, chills.

Stephen F. Austin HS, TX 2004 - Ballet for Martha

Percussion break and climax of 'Simple Gifts' in the closer, and the epilogue section of the show with the close up of a pit member crying on the Finals DVD. What a beautiful moment.

L.D. Bell HS, TX 2005 - Ascension: Light of Gold

The entire show. Especially...the ballad with the band performing the main theme from Thomas Newman's 'Angels in America' and the closer with the fast and slow versions of Eric Whitacre's 'Lux Aurumque.' No words can describe it.

Ronald Reagan HS, TX 2005 - You Never Know

The second movement with the groove section from "Profonation" and the battery just absolutely throwing down. And, the entire closer with the band playing backfield and the climax of the 'Prime Minister's Love Theme' from Love Actually. The most beautiful musical moment I've ever heard in the activity.

L.D. Bell HS, TX 2006 - The Remaining

Entire show. I can't put it in any other way.

The Woodlands HS, TX 2006 - Hide and Seek

The climax of the ballad from Imogen Heap's "Hide and Seek." My favorite musical moment of the year. It gave me tears of joy every time.

Stephen F. Austin HS, TX 2004 - Ballet for Martha

Percussion break and climax of 'Simple Gifts' in the closer, and the epilogue section of the show with the close up of a pit member crying on the Finals DVD. What a beautiful moment.

MAN I WANT TO SEE THAT DVD. :angry: at BOA

well...i can't really say goosebumps, so i'll just say it makes me feel tingly inside when i hear it. "westfield 2003 - part 4 Euphonium solo by chris jones

Good Stuff :D

And Reagan 2003 the sax solos were very good, but it starts to get old when people try to imitate them

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (bossman @ Dec 11 2006, 02:02 PM)
This year in the alamodome, Bell had this part of their show when it was almost silent. You could hear all of the guard flip their flags in time. It was so quiet and eerie in the dome.

I agree.

That part was spectacular.