Proper 4 to 5 technique

well a lot of people do it differently... a lot of bands choose that when a step gets to some certain size, they switch from their normal style which would usually would be "toe-up" or hitting your heels on the beat to a "toe-down" technique which also includes leading with your toes and incorporating a slight "lunge" to make the distance. really everyone has their own way of doing it so there's a general description.

yeah...from what i was taught...u keep your upper body straight and sturdy...point your toes out whenever you lunge forward so that you can catch your body weight when u actually hit the step...and bend at your knees but then stop...

what i have learned is that as you begin to stop and go back to normal marching...if you put the foot that you are gonna start the next set with out first before you stop at the end of the set you are marching (mostly the left foot)...then on the second to last beat when you have to stop yourself...put your foot at a slant (45 degrees outward/"first position" for ballet people and Westfield marchers) and push back on the weight that is coming at you...then it makes it a lot easier to stop and have the correct form...you have a beat to straighten your body back up and then march again on beat one as if you never did jazz running. Just a lil band nerd knowledge i seem to obtain.

yeah...from what i was taught...u keep your upper body straight and sturdy...point your toes out whenever you lunge forward so that you can catch your body weight when u actually hit the step...and bend at your knees but then stop...

what i have learned is that as you begin to stop and go back to normal marching...if you put the foot that you are gonna start the next set with out first before you stop at the end of the set you are marching (mostly the left foot)...then on the second to last beat when you have to stop yourself...put your foot at a slant (45 degrees outward/"first position" for ballet people and Westfield marchers) and push back on the weight that is coming at you...then it makes it a lot easier to stop and have the correct form...you have a beat to straighten your body back up and then march again on beat one as if you never did jazz running. Just a lil band nerd knowledge i seem to obtain.

same thing for richland marchers...

same thing for richland marchers...

no dont you remember that day we all got in trouble because it looked like we were **** because they told us to keep our legs straight and it looked like we were frolicking across a fresh spring meadow and people kept laughing??????hmm????