Cavaliers reveal 2007 program concept

euro_euph06

I remember when they announced their 007 show. LOTS of people were skeptical. But that turned out to be IMO one of the best shows they've ever done. I'm interested to see what they'll do with this.

No, people were sceptical because that was the first year they aloud electronics and people were sceptical of the cavies buying into it. From what I remember, the show theme seemed pretty cool.

I'm just going to come out and say it:

I'm sick of Saucedo taking old "pop" music and putting it on the field.

And yes, people really were skeptical of The Cavaliers 2004 show. The 007 theme, at first thought, appeared to be too generic of a concept to contend for a World Title. The Cavaliers put their own spin on it and sure enough, it won.

I'm just going to come out and say it:

I'm sick of Saucedo taking old "pop" music and putting it on the field.

And yes, people really were skeptical of The Cavaliers 2004 show. The 007 theme, at first thought, appeared to be too generic of a concept to contend for a World Title. The Cavaliers put their own spin on it and sure enough, it won.

1)I agree 100%.

2) I'll take your word for it. :)

I predict BD, or Phantom to be the main contenders for the championship next year. Even my Cavies diehard snare leader doesn't think they're going to win next year, or they're going to have a very hard time doing so. The fact that this is the show concept they're developing around further reinforces the idea that they will be less competitive than their previous years. As neat of an idea Machine was, the final show was extremely visual, without nearly as much music as had originally been written. The Cavaliers have only won by very slim margins or taken the silver medal since 2003, suggesting a little loss of steam.

I predict BD, or Phantom to be the main contenders for the championship next year.  Even my Cavies diehard snare leader doesn't think they're going to win next year, or they're going to have a very hard time doing so.  The fact that this is the show concept they're developing around further reinforces the idea that they will be less competitive than their previous years.  As neat of an idea Machine was, the final show was extremely visual, without nearly as much music as had originally been written.  The Cavaliers have only won by very slim margins or taken the silver medal since 2003, suggesting a little loss of steam.

Oh yah, you are absolutely right. The Cavaliers don't have a chance in the world to win the DCI World Championship. I mean...cmon....even though they have been winning the world championship, theyve been doing it by a slim margin...and they have only won it 5 out of 7 years. I mean, if they won 7 out of 7 years, they might have a chance. But 5 out of 7 proves that they are DEFINITELY losing steam.

(Notice the sarcasm)

Now, I am not a Cavalier or anything, and I am not saying they are going to win, I am just trying to make a point. When youve done as much as they have, then maybe you can write them off.

But hey, this is just my opinion, I could be wrong...

Oh yah, you are absolutely right. The Cavaliers don't have a chance in the world to win the DCI World Championship. I mean...cmon....even though they have been winning the world championship, theyve been doing it by a slim margin...and they have only won it 5 out of 7 years. I mean, if they won 7 out of 7 years, they might have a chance. But 5 out of 7 proves that they are DEFINITELY losing steam.

(Notice the sarcasm)

Now, I am not a Cavalier or anything, and I am not saying they are going to win, I am just trying to make a point. When youve done as much as they have, then maybe you can write them off.

But hey, this is just my opinion, I could be wrong...

I agree, you can't win every year anyway...but come one, if you're winning 5 out of the seven years...that's just amazing!! they have to be doing SOMETHING right to win. so i trust them. and billy joel isn't a bad artist. i think there is alot of potential. with that many genres of music coming from one artist, think of all the stuff you can do. who know's? you can't judge a book by it's cover.

This show actually sounds really cool. I don't think it's going to be anything like the 2005 production, My Kind of Town. Go check out Billy Joel's classical album, Fantasies and Dellusions. I'm sure they will have some of his more well-known hits in it, but they'll most likely have some of Joel's stuff from this album as well.