So, how'd everyone do at region auditions?

M1KH4J157

who are these people yall are talking about lol

i did horrible i got really nervous, i played the scales good well all but the chromatic then i just like crapped thru the music cuz i was so nervous

You don't need to know, they're people he and I know in person

i honestly think alto sax is more competitive than clarinette considering last year, im my region, there were 100 saxophones audition in phase one, and they took 14 to phase two. and at phaase two they only take two to area. not trying to diss the clarinette b/c i know its hard too. but in my opinion i think alto is a little more difficult, edgier.

i honestly think alto sax is more competitive than clarinette considering last year, im my region, there were 100 saxophones audition in phase one, and they took 14 to phase two. and at phaase two they only take two to area. not trying to diss the clarinette b/c i know its hard too. but in my opinion i think alto is a little more difficult, edgier.

yeah, true.. they took less saxes than clarinets.

well with 60+ percussionist trying out, phase two is 18.

but they only advance two to area. so i would say that percussion is probably the most cut-throat. -_-

I pretty much sucked to. I waited until 2 weeks before to learn my music, so i didnt know it that well, and then my band directors had me practiceing the hardest parts of the songs, so i knew them all well. We get our little stickers, and im letter A which really sux, and then the judge gives us a cut and I have never played that part of the music before. But i really dont care about region band. I was playing with my socks on, coloring in my coloring book, and eating honey roasted peanuts...i really didnt care, maybe i will next year. But i didnt get last, i like 13th out of 20ish, but they only take 6...do i care??? Not really :P

freshman year (no lessons) - 45 overall

last year (3 lessons) - 15 or 16 overall

last week - 2 overall

violin, clarinet, trumpet, and flutes have crazy competition, maybe not so much at region depending on region and the year, but i've heard that area is absolutely crazy.

i'll be actually practicing this holiday - not like thanksgiving week when i said the same thing and never touched the instrument... :D