The best memory of marching season

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, RCA Dome has to be littered with band nerd's tears.

Mine was hard to think of, but I think it was after Area finals. We threw down our best performance of the season, and that crowd reaction afterward...It just helps remind you why you do what you do.

Either that or after Super Regoinals last year when I got my first kiss...

Finals ceremony, Grand Nats this year.

No one cared that we made 12th out of 12 bands then or if perhaps people didn't think that we would make it. Just the power and intensity of standing on that field next to all of your friends who you worked with all the time since August, as well as the top bands all around the nation, was almost overwhelming. But as a sophmore there's another two years left for me, so who am I to judge just yet.

Now for a funny marching memory, my sophomore year, we opened our show lying on the ground. I think the first 8 sets were choreography with our arms while laying down. Now, at one rehearsal, our director told us to start marching at the part when we stood up. My friend didn't hear that part and he was the only one who laid down. He did all the choreography wihle there were people around him marching and guard girls jumping over him. When he finally realized that everyone else was already standing, he stood around with a completely blank look on his face, ran over to the set at a full sprint, and honked out the loudest, nastiest, flattest Bb I've ever heard on a saxophone. I couldn't stop laughing.

what show was that? what school?

I have three-

The first is after our finals performance at BOA Arlington. As soon as i marched off the field i shouted "yeah!" I felt like it was the best show that we performed, and i didn't care what the judges thought.

The second is on the charter bus to Round Rock UIL. We stuffed 11 baritone players into the bathroom.

The third is when i was on the field for our finals performance at Grand Nationals and the announcer said "from Austin TX..." I smiled. It was awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

My best memory was this past season, Area results after finals, to find out if we were going to state.

Of course we did!!

And there's even a video on YouTube of our reactions. It was amazing. I screamed so hard that I lost my voice. I had never felt such pure joy and love for my peers as I did that night.

I wish we could've kicked more butt at state than we did. But I'm positive that we'll have our time in the spotlight. Eventually.

I can't wait for these 2 seasons to come!!

My best memory was this past season, Area results after finals, to find out if we were going to state.

Of course we did!!

And there's even a video on YouTube of our reactions. It was amazing. I screamed so hard that I lost my voice. I had never felt such pure joy and love for my peers as I did that night.

I wish we could've kicked more butt at state than we did. But I'm positive that we'll have our time in the spotlight. Eventually.

I can't wait for these 2 seasons to come!!

heyyyy....wat was it like marching a show based on DDR?

i think that's tight...considering im a big Stepmania nerd...

I just remebered a good memory from this year...

It was after a football game, i forget who it was against, and we couldnt march the halftime cuz of something. So we marched our show after the game and we had a large crowd on hand to perform to. It was amazing to me. The other band that was there stayed to watch us and they cheered really loud, I really appreciated that. That made it all worth while.

Can someone from my school remind me of who the other band was that stayed and watched us.

I just remebered a good memory from this year...

It was after a football game, i forget who it was against, and we couldnt march the halftime cuz of something. So we marched our show after the game and we had a large crowd on hand to perform to. It was amazing to me. The other band that was there stayed to watch us and they cheered really loud, I really appreciated that. That made it all worth while.

Can someone from my school remind me of who the other band was that stayed and watched us.

Oh yea, that was the homecoming game against Klein Collins. We had a contest scheduled for that Saturday...the same day as the dance. Luckily, our director found some judges from another contest that would come to watch us after the game to give us commentary instead of going to the Saturday competition.