The best memory of marching season

My favorite memory would have to be during and after our finals performance last year at Westlake. As my signature suggests, last year's show was tremendously better than any of the others, and, despite making 4th (which isn't bad, but it was kind of anti-climactic), the feeling of walking off the field KNOWING that it was our best performance of the year was amazing. I knew it was fantastic right off the bat, and even more so when we reached the middle of our show and got the fans on their feet.

*sigh* It's for things like this that I will truly loath leaving high school.

ah... how cute :)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

worst memory was when we had a rehearsal, and daylight savings time had just kicked in, therefore it was dark. To make it worse there were these piranha like mesquitos. these thingz were killing left and right, and we had no choice but to stand out there and rehearse.

I remember that i would get mad when we stopped marching cuz that's when i would get bit!

worst experience ever!

My favorite marching band moment would have to be our school's Regional performance of our marching show. After several years we were not liked at all, but in that final show the crowd rose to their feet.

I am sure many people are use to this, but coming from a band program that has struggled marching wise the past few years, it was a glorious thing to see.

worst memory was when we had a rehearsal, and daylight savings time had just kicked in, therefore it was dark. To make it worse there were these piranha like mesquitos. these thingz were killing left and right, and we had no choice but to stand out there and rehearse.

I remember that i would get mad when we stopped marching cuz that's when i would get bit!

worst experience ever!

haha I hated that day. I remember they released us for a water break before doing a run-through, and I ran around in circles a couple of times before getting to my set. Once I got there, I started walking around it just to prevent from getting eaten alive. After rehearsal, as I was walking to my car, I had to keep stopping about every 5 steps just to shake off all the mosquitos.

I have another one....

Our first football game this past year, it rained the WHOLE game except for our halftime preformance. We were gonna do a standstill preformance after we preformed for the drill team, but it stopped raining for the 10 minutes we needed. Spicer got us all together in the middle of the field and asked us if we wanted to do the show, which of course got a resounding yes.

So we marched.

In ponchos. :lol:

So we marched.

Ahhhhh, that reminded me of my freshman year, Westlake competition again. It was raining outside, and the directors decided we were to wear ponchos. Multicolored ponchos. We looked like a band of Pikmin running around the field, it was pretty funny.

I have another one....

Our first football game this past year, it rained the WHOLE game except for our halftime preformance. We were gonna do a standstill preformance after we preformed for the drill team, but it stopped raining for the 10 minutes we needed. Spicer got us all together in the middle of the field and asked us if we wanted to do the show, which of course got a resounding yes.

So we marched.

jermey spicer???

Yeah, and the company is called SASI  :D

Also the name of our program that records attendance and grades at our school, and also has the most bugs in any program I've ever seen. They have to maintenance it so often it's not even funny. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard "Teachers please log off of SASI", I'd be rich.

Also the name of our program that records attendance and grades at our school, and also has the most bugs in any program I've ever seen. They have to maintenance it so often it's not even funny. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard "Teachers please log off of SASI", I'd be rich.

sasi, hmph

never heard of it

• 2 weeks later...
those sasi people came to are school for our leadership camp... cool guys, except they said i was the perfect example of tigger <_< ...

They did leadership camps for my school too! It was best the second year because I got to watch everyone else go through the maze.

I don't see anything wrong with being a Tigger; he's one of my favorites. (I'm a slightly reformed Piglet, myself. ^_^ )

They did leadership camps for my school too! It was best the second year because I got to watch everyone else go through the maze.

I don't see anything wrong with being a Tigger; he's one of my favorites. (I'm a slightly reformed Piglet, myself. ^_^ )

i was a leader of my group in the maze... we had the best time of 1 min 23 sec... the second best time was 5 mins