The best memory of marching season

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best memory by far was coming off the field after area finals. Everyone was crying, and afterwards we huddled around our directors and got the pep talk of a lifetime. We were yelling so loud i think i can hear us in the next bands performance on the dvd. ^_^ We threw down, and we knew it.

• 1 year later...

My favorite memory of marching season would obviously be Westfield 2003, "Because We Are". I am so glad I got a chance to be apart of that my senior year. We had a lot going on that year. I was in the front ensemble. We had a really huge pit that year. So many different instruments, it was great. I remember Chris playing one of the ethnic drums we had during the 3rd section of the show and doing a flip while playing. UNFORGETTABLE!!!

I also loved our 2002 show "Metamorphosis". I almost forgot we had a rapper!!! Wow, we were breaking barriers for real!! I remember the choreographer coming and having tryouts to see who had the best rythym to be able to dance during the hip hop section of the show.

Does anyone have copies of Westfield marching shows from 2000-2003. I would love those please. Where can go to get them. Current Westfield students, ask Jason Hall to get me copies if he can, or ask him where I can get them from please.

I would like to start off saying that if this is considered a dead topic then I'm sorry for posting in it...XD

Anyways, my best memory of marching season was actually this year when our band director gave us a speech after our performance at Area B finals...I was bummed after we didn't make it (not even alternate D:) and it all kinda just stopped. But then we learned that our band hadn't even made finals in 10 years so this was already an amazing year. Apparently in past season Plano hasn't done so well...(Godzilla Eats Los Vegas, anyone got a place ranking on this show?) So I felt proud of what we had accomplished.

If this was concert season, I would have something just as well :D

Best marching moment:

One word: State. I went last year with Sherman and although we did get 10th in finals.. I was okay with that. I got to step out onto that field for the last time with my brother, the man who inspired me to perform in music in the first place. Being on that field in the first place was an honor to me but then all the emotion from having finally accomplished what we had been going for all year. Wow. I really did start crying. I miss that moment and if I could, I would bring it back for the chance to march with my brother just one more time.