2007 BOA Regional Schedule

2007 BOA competition schedule has been released. Several new events in Oklahoma, Tennessee & Texas along with a new Regional Championship to be announced.

http://www.bands.org/public/events/regionals/

September 15, 2007

Indianapolis, IN - Fall Preview Experience

Carmel High School

Cleveland, TN - Fall Preview Experience

Cleveland High School

September 22, 2007

Tulsa, OK - Fall Preview Experience

Owasso High School

Fort Mill, SC - Fall Preview Experience

Fort Mill High School

Oxford, OH

Miami University

September 29, 2007

Midlothian, TX - Fall Preview Experience

(Location Tentative)

Ypsilanti, MI

Eastern Michigan University

October 6, 2007

Youngstown, OH

Youngstown State University

Houston, TX

Rice University - Location Tentative

Murfreesboro, TN

Middle Tennessee State University - Location Tentative

October 13, 2007

Arlington, TX

University of Texas at Arlington

St. Petersburg, FL

Tropicana Field

El Paso, TX

Site to be Announced

October 19-20, 2007

St. Louis, MO - Super Regional

Edward Jones Dome

October 20, 2007

Towson, MD

Towson University

October 26-27, 2007

Atlanta, GA - Super Regional

Georgia Dome

October 27, 2007

New Regional Location - To Be Announced

November 2-3, 2007

San Antonio, TX - Super Regional

Alamodome

November 3, 2007

Indianapolis, IN

RCA Dome

November 10, 2007

Long Beach, CA

Veterans Stadium - Location Tentative

November 14-17

Grand National Championships

RCA Dome - Indianapolis, IN

A few notes from Danpod:

In case you don't know where Midlothian, TX is:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searc...ate=TX&zipcode=

Hopefully, that will have a larger list of bands than the La Joya Preview Experience that fell through during the summer.

The introduction of the El Paso Regional is BRILLIANT! There's some good talent in the El Paso area that'll have a chance to shine. Plus, the regional is out far enough in west Texas that it will attract a few bands from out of state, maybe even some from California. Lastly, the Sun Bowl is gorgeous because the mountains are practically touching the stadium. What a venue for a regional. Bravo to BOA!

New Regional Location on October 27th????? This late in the season?? Sounds interesting! I will take a wild shot in the dark and guess Invesco Field in Denver Colorado. It's a fantastic venue and personally, I'd love to see those kids march around in the snow!! Of course, I'm just speculating but if I'm right, someone needs to buy me dinner.

The Long Beach, California Regional's date (November 10th) tells me one of two things:

1) BOA couldn't get access to a stadium until that date.

2) BOA is planning a big push for California bands this year. Keep in mind that California band competitions take place even after Grand Nationals is over.

I have a feeling that this season will be very exciting, as always.

• 1 month later...

Hey!!! So, Rampart's coming down to El Paso for the BOA Competition! Dan, they ARE from Colorado, and might I say....marching around in the snow is NOT FUN!

Any way I can find out who knows if they are going to the El Paso BOA Competition?

P.S. - Any one from Bowie....yeah, try to persuade the directors about going to El Paso this year! It would be great to see you all again. :-)

I saw Rampart at Grand National Semifinals this past year. I really liked the show! I loved Aaron Guidry's twist on Ride & October. It was fantastic.

Yeah, well, I am really glad you liked it. There are a LOT of things I could say about the show...haha (that I won't say on here), but I am still glad you liked it.

After spending upwards of 50 hours on a bus in one week, I hate charter bus rides

50 hours? In one week? What for? Then again, I think at one point, in just a week we were in charter buses for even longer...because....yeah, Atlanta from Austin....at least 18 hours one way...plus all the hours of driving in between. Haha, but that was a marvelous trip. I don't know, I guess I am just weird.

Supposedly....(keyword here) several powerhouses are attending the El Paso Regional. I'm not going to name the bands because I really don't know about the accuracy of the information. I won't believe it until I see the official list from BOA. Because really....it sounds too good to be true. We'll see in the upcoming weeks when BOA releases the roster of bands who have signed up so far.

QUOTE (mbui @ Feb 12 2007, 06:51 PM)
Supposedly....(keyword here) several powerhouses are attending the El Paso Regional. I'm not going to name the bands because I really don't know about the accuracy of the information. I won't believe it until I see the official list from BOA. Because really....it sounds too good to be true. We'll see in the upcoming weeks when BOA releases the roster of bands who have signed up so far.

IS one of those powerhouse bands from Georgia? If so, I saw that list as well and it seems a little....well.....wrong?

QUOTE (MissClarinet @ Feb 12 2007, 06:32 PM)
50 hours? In one week? What for? Then again, I think at one point, in just a week we were in charter buses for even longer...because....yeah, Atlanta from Austin....at least 18 hours one way...plus all the hours of driving in between. Haha, but that was a marvelous trip. I don't know, I guess I am just weird.

Lets see, about 5 hours down to San Antonio then 5 coming back. Then AGAIN for State. Then roughly 20 hours to Indy and back. Ok so it was much more than 50. But at the same time, that was probably the best week of my life

Um, freshman year we went to florida. It was a 26 hour ride there, about 1 hour combined for shuttling to the parks and hotel, and then another 26 hour (actually more like 30 some-odd because our bus drivers missed their flights) ride back.

Don't get me started. I never want to be on a bus for 30 hours straight again...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
P.S. - Any one from Bowie....yeah, try to persuade the directors about going to El Paso this year! It would be great to see you all again. :-)

Sorry, but:

1) Homecoming is that Friday (lame reason, I know)

2) Westlake Competition is the day of (the El Paso) (we wouldn't pull out...)

3) Directors would NEVER go for it

:\