Cavies

Tnilli

• 2 months later...
Honestly, I thought SCV had the best sound from San Antonio, but we all look at different things.

As for the Caviliers, I didn't like their show in general, but alot of the drill was great, really clean, and I think that's where they get most of their points.

thank you brian.

I concur. I really enjoyed scv's show musically, even though it might have not measured up to its previous shows....

i actually really dont know what it is. i mean i have just never liked them. their shows (with the exception of 2001) have never actually captured my attention, they have always just seemed boring. very clean, yes, but i just have never liked them. i'm a drummer so i watch the drumline alot and it seems as if they play the same thing over and over during their shows. maybe that's what it is. and then they win things. lol.

no. i'm saying that no show has ever lived up to that show. lol. it was FLAWLESS. i'm also just saying that I have yet to be able to appreciate a cavies show since 95 and 2001. those were both good shows. however, i dunno, i guess I just feel that the Cavaliers are kinda like the high-school marching band of DCI. in my opinion they are just not very good. but i guess when it comes to DCI i hold really REALLY high standards into what i would consider a good show. and the cavies just really bore me to tears.

no joke man. the memebers in that corps were the equivalent of olympians! especially that contra line. and the drumline...just amazing. like i said flawless. toes to the sky, perfect music execution, cleanliness, i mean...there was literally NOTHING wrong with that show. so good sooooooooo good. ok anyways, back to your originally scheduled topic. lol.

i'm a drummer so i watch the drumline alot and it seems as if they play the same thing over and over during their shows. maybe that's what it is. and then they win things. lol.

I've always preferred their style...but Bret Kuhn retired after the '05 season and they got Jim Cassella, a guy from SCV. Maybe you'll enjoy their drumline a bit more now...but I just can't see the Cavies with tipped snares. Never have liked how that looks.

I don't think any of you know this but the Cavies have no lives outside of practicing. They have very little time to hang out cause they practice so much. They deserve first place, but they had to sacrafice the fun of being in a corp.

I know I'm a little late on this thread, but this piece of information here is completely wrong. The Cavaliers (and probably BD) probably rehearse the least amount of any corps.

During pre-tour, we went to a movie/mall basically every Sunday and we had 5 or 6 free days during the summer. I got to hang out NYC, Ft. Walton Beach, FL, Chicago, and San Antonio this past summer.

The Cavaliers are good because of efficient rehearsal techniques, great staff, and talented kids.

The Cadets is the corps you are thinking of. They probably work the hardest of any of the corps.

--

Jay

FMM The Cavaliers 03-05