next year(state for 5a)

wow, 2-8 amazing. I think moving up to 4A we can go 7-3, and make the playoffs

that's very ambitious thinking right there... I looked at our football schedule and it's going to be harder next year than it was this year. I think our football team has it in them to do well next year, cus after all we DID beat the first place team in district by over 30 points...

Anyways, for 5A band, I would have said that I could expect to see Mansfield Timberview making top 5 at least in Area B next year... but then they moved to 4A... =[

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By my calculation Area D will have 6 returning State Finalists in either 4a/5a.

5A

Churchill -3rd

Reagan- 5th

Bowie- 8th

Akins- 10th

4A

Connally- 2nd

Vista Ridge-7th

Add in Cedar Park(did not make State Finals but advanced), Round Rock, Leander, Georgetown and Westlake and I believe you have there a darn good competition with every band giving it all they got. Can't wait. :]

By my calculation Area D will have 6 returning State Finalists in either 4a/5a.

5A

Churchill -3rd

Reagan- 5th

Bowie- 8th

Akins- 10th

4A

Connally- 2nd

Vista Ridge-7th

Add in Cedar Park(did not make State Finals but advanced), Round Rock, Leander, Georgetown and Westlake and I believe you have there a darn good competition with every band giving it all they got. Can't wait. :]

And to expand on what she said, Area D is looking to take six bands to State this Fall. If programs decide to get their act together, Area D could take seven!

Ah. I forgot about that. Random Question: What's the most any Area has ever taken to State?

We might have to get Sanchez on this one. This wouldn't be the first time six bands have advanced from one Area. Area E took six bands to State in 2002 (Churchill, Langham Creek, Reagan, Cypress Falls, Katy Taylor, Seguin). Keep in mind, this was the last State year before the new realignment.

Hmmm.... I'll have to do some research, but I think 6 might be the most and I think it has happened at least twice.

It looks like it happens for one area every year.

2000 Area F:

Clements

Langham Creek

Stephen F Austin

Pearland

Clear Lake

Cy-Falls

2002 Area C:

Berkner

Rowlet

The Colony

Plano East

Lewisville

Creekview

2004 Area E:

Cinco Ranch

Cy Fair

Cypress Falls

Langham Creek

Ronald Reagan

Winston Churchill

2006 Area G:

Brownsville Hanna

Harlingen

Donna

SA Taft

PSJA North

Harlingen South

Oh wow. If Bell did a cheery and happy show like Marcus, it would be so weird. I've gotten to the point where I associate the L.D. Bell band with creepy haunting but flipping awesome at the same time. Whatever path they decide to take, though, I'm sure they'll do amazing again.

It's going to be interesting.

I have been hearing a lot of chatter about Marcus and how they aren't doing anymore of those kinds of shows.

If that's true, I wonder what they will do?

I wouldn't be surprised if we see less than three Texas bands at Grand Nationals next year.

Stephen F. Austin, Richland & Ronald Reagan just went this year and I highly doubt they'll be going next year. Stephen F. Austin and Richland have never gone to Grand Nationals in consecutive years and Ronald Reagan is splitting with Lady Bird Johnson HS next year.

The Woodlands have gone the past two years (2006 & 2007).

L.D. Bell with three years (2005, 2006 & 2007). Although, I hope The Woodlands and L.D. Bell keep the streak alive and keep on going.

Winston Churchill went in 2006. The last time they went to GN prior to 2006 was in 2002.

Haltom & Westfield are due for a trip to Grand Nationals. The last time that those two bands went were in 2002 and 2003, respectively. I hope James Bowie, John B. Connally, and Cypress Falls goes again. And, I would love to see some new Texas faces in Indianapolis---Brazoswood, Cedar Park, Harlingen, Hebron, and Marcus.

We've always talked about GN, but I think we've always figured a trip to the SA Super Regionals is just as good competitively (definitely more cost-reasonable).

I do agree, it would be a lot of fun to see some new Texas bands make their way to Indianapolis. For us, however, I doubt that will happen anytime soon. Our school district is really pinching the pennies right now (apparently the district has a 4 million dollar deficit currently). The district only allows us to go on 1 out-of-state trip every 4 years, as well.

Disney World, or GN once every 4 years? ;)

We've always talked about GN, but I think we've always figured a trip to the SA Super Regionals is just as good competitively (definitely more cost-reasonable).

I do agree, it would be a lot of fun to see some new Texas bands make their way to Indianapolis. For us, however, I doubt that will happen anytime soon. Our school district is really pinching the pennies right now (apparently the district has a 4 million dollar deficit currently). The district only allows us to go on 1 out-of-state trip every 4 years, as well.

Disney World, or GN once every 4 years? ;)

i go to cy falls and GN was a lot of fun in '06. definately a very good experience.

Uhm, I'm going to hafta give a big yes to that. They always will have a chance, and I feel like it's insanely high again.

But I just found out that the UNT Band is performing in Exhibition at the 5A State Contest during Finals!

And I'm now a member of it. =] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
all i have to say is watch out for area b...

Bell

Marcus

Richland

Haltom

Hebron

Wylie

Mansfield

Mansfield Summit

Mansfield Timberview

Newman Smith

Creekview

Allen

Plano East

Colleyville Heritage

am i missing anyone?

wonder how many they will take to state...

yeah AMEN to that.

i attend mansfield summit and I know we are sure shooting for it after getting alternate to state the year before last. It's a very tough area though, and no one has a shoe in. Going to be a great year.

lol, thx we are very excited to compete in th 5A realm, and are very interested to see how we do in the UIL realm after last year.

(oh yeah, our show is also the best show design our school has ever had_

good luck to all the 5A Area D bands, lets show the state what central texas marching bands are made of

Edited by titancoaster

lol, thx we are very excited to compete in th 5A realm, and are very interested to see how we do in the UIL realm after last year.

(oh yeah, our show is also the best show design our school has ever had_

good luck to all the 5A Area D bands, lets show the state what central texas marching bands are made of

AREA B IS A BEAST!

i attend summit and i know we are trying to push forward and make it to the state contest after getting alternate to state last year.

watch out!