Solos or duets in your 2008 Production?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have an English Horn solo in our pre-show, a trumpet solo in our opener and a saxophone solo in our closer.

oh thats cool.

no flute solo?

thats a shamee.

our show has a trumpet trio, trombone duet and alto sax solo in the opener.

trumpet solo in the ballet.

and huge sax cadanza, trombone solo and trumpet trio in the closer.

We actually have a REALLY good flute section and every year we get shafted when it comes to solos but my directors always manage to fit in a trumpet solo into every show. We may have a flute "feature" in the ballad but it's hard to tell from the midi file.

ohh.

well, my director is the same way.

outta my four years, 3 outta of the

4 have trumpet solos.

esp. last year's show was filled

with trumpet solos and solis.

Alto sax solo (possibly tenor if our altos schmuck it up) in the ballad...that's pretty much it.

I hated hated that solo!! *plugs ears* well... I'm biased because the person who played it was a total JERK. *pause for story time and remembers back...*

...soloist does not march because they are physically unable to march so their sole job is to play the solo and thats it. Also soloist was Valedictorian of the Senior class at the time (did not end up like that at the end of the year so karma bit him in the a**)anyhoo. One practice he left and went to Taco Bell then came back and not only ate it in front of us in rehearsal but ate it on the head DM podium...

/end story time

:]

we had a trumpet solo one year, and the solo was 4 notes.

Every time he played it, He would crack 1 or 2 notes.

And then his ego wouldn't allow him to say that it was his fault, so he blamed other people including the conductor in the back.

hey, it was FIVE notes...

and he obviously cracked them because the people kneeling in front of him prevented him from seeing the backfield conductor