Duncanville Marching Invitational

Auctually I was a marching tech for Duncanville 3 years ago and was one of their private teachers untill I went back to school as a graduate assistant at Baylor and now I am a band director in the HEB school district. I feel that I fairly qualified to make that kind of judgement comming from my time in drum corps and my professional experience.

Auctually I was a marching tech for Duncanville 3 years ago and was one of their private teachers untill I went back to school as a graduate assistant at Baylor and now I am a band director in the HEB school district.  I feel that I fairly qualified to make that kind of judgement comming from my time in drum corps and my professional experience.

Good. I wanted to be clear as to whether or not this was truly a professional opinion since we don't get many non-students here and you don't have any posting history from which to draw any conclusions.

Edit: Are you in anyway affiliated with the Bell Band Director who posted above? I am asking because you are from the HEB district and started posting on the same day as him.

Most of the members of this community have their names and affiliations listed in their profiles, thus we can be held fully responsible for our statements and opinions. You and Bell Band Director do not, however, and thus we had no way to confirm that Bell Band Director was infact a director at Bell as he claimed.

If directors are going to be posting professional opinions in an online community, I feel that it would be unfair and unwise for them to be anonymous for both the sake of other directors and the sake of the community.

It would be unfair for other directors and programs if people in the profession could anonymously bash, disrespect, or degrade another director or program (I am not saying that you have done this) without any chance for recourse.

It could also be harmful to the community for someone to say that they are a director even though they are not and be able to use that in an attempt to appear more authoritative. Without any way to be able to check the credentials of people claiming to be directors, there is no way for the community to protect itself from this problem.

I thank you and respect your decision to post some of your professional history. The community can now be assured that your opinions have a strong foundation.

Edit2: Also, where were you at the Duncanville vs. Martin game? I was on the Martin side at the Top of the stands on the 50 and saw nothing but Martin fans around me.

Auctually I was a marching tech for Duncanville 3 years ago and was one of their private teachers untill I went back to school as a graduate assistant at Baylor and now I am a band director in the HEB school district.  I feel that I fairly qualified to make that kind of judgement comming from my time in drum corps and my professional experience.

Actually, I did some checking up and this is what I found.

The only Marching Tech that Duncanville had around that time was Mike Knipe. He only teched during the summer and was a Trumpet Private Lesson's teacher for a while. He then left and joined the staff at Arlington Martin.

Per the post below, this is not you. Therefore, your story does not check out.

Edited due to Michael Knipe actually posting below and confirming that he is not booboo.

Ok, I feel like I need to defend my honor here, I am Michael Knipe. I don't have any clue who this booboo guy/girl is but it is not me. I do feel we have a very strong show here at Martin and do feel that we are going to do a great job this year and feel that we have the opportunity to really perform well. Thank you to everyone who is supporting us especially our parents! See you guys at Birdville! Good luck to everyone.

Ok, I feel like I need to defend my honor here, I am Michael Knipe. I don't have any clue who this booboo guy/girl is but it is not me. I do feel we have a very strong show here at Martin and do feel that we are going to do a great job this year and feel that we have the opportunity to really perform well. Thank you to everyone who is supporting us especially our parents! See you guys at Birdville! Good luck to everyone.

Thank you very much for clearing that up.

So basically this means that none of booboo's story checks out.

... and Langham will almost definitely have made up their missed time due to Rita.

yea im going to have to agree with you on that.. we prolly already made up lost time for rita and then some.. i hope to have a great show for yall by time we get to the duncanville comp.. im loving our show and i hope yall will also.. scharazade 05!

I can't believe I forgot about this...

The IP Address feature on the TXBands Forums. Bell Band Director and booboo have the same IP addresses. Take a look at it. Bottom left hand corner.

Impersonating other people, I see? We don't condone that type of behavior.

I can't believe I forgot about this...

The IP Address feature on the TXBands Forums. Bell Band Director and booboo have the same IP addresses. Take a look at it. Bottom left hand corner.

Impersonating other people, I see? We don't condone that type of behavior.

I don't have that option, or at very least don't see it.

On most boards, only moderators can see the IP Addresses of the posters.

Ok, so predictions for Duncanville, and this is our first event to try out the new predictions captions system. DMI's two captions are Music and Visual (which are music and marching on TxB- but it's the same thing).

Remember, 1 point for every correct placement and 2 pts for every correct caption.