Birdville ISD Marching Festival - Oct 5, 2013

• 3 weeks later...

It was determined by prelim scores because of rain.  Not sure of the final rankings except Marcus was first and swept all captions.  I have the prelim rankings at home (I assume they were determining the finals order in reverse order of rank, but I'm not certain of that).  I'll post that information later; just don't have it on me.  Birdville hasn't posted scores, etc. yet.

No scores, yet, but the order(reverse) of the finals is the order of placement.

2A: Holliday HS

4A: Southwest HS (So proud of them, btw. They did such a great job & blew me away with their skills! I felt they were kind of the "under dog" and that's why I'm extra proud of them. I thought all the bands I was able to see did a great job on that chilly day!)

5A: Marcus HS

Results of Prelims:

1) Marcus HS

2) Keller HS

3) Mansfield HS

4) Lewisville HS

5) Martin HS

6) Northwest HS

7) Colleyville Heritage

8) Southwest HS

9) Summit HS

10) Grapevine HS

As Marcus mom mentioned, Marcus swept all caps for 5A. The 4A caps were split up. If I remember right, Southwest received the visual and music caps, Summit received the percussion cap, and Centennial received the color guard cap. Please correct me, if I'm wrong.

Was totally bummed that finals was rained out.....again. :( In the last five years, Haltom has only been able to perform one time. Both Richland and Haltom missed out on performing on Saturday. I was looking forward to seeing both of them! Birdville's show is very good! I really like the "Falls" theme. :)

Correction on 4A Captions -

Music: Southwest

Visual: Centennial

GE: Southwest

Percussion: Summit

Colorguard: Centennial

Thanks! I didn't get a chance to write them all down. I knew my memory wasn't what it used to be. :P I remembered more than I thought, though. Forgot the GE cap altogether. Oh, well!

Here's a link to the results:

http://schools.birdvilleschools.net/Page/30014