UIL 4A State Marching Contest

Area F Predictions:                                                                      

Advancing to State:

1. Friendswood HS

2. Tomball Memorial HS 

3. Dawson HS

4. Huntsville HS (Military!)

On the Bubble: Willis HS, Galena Park HS (Advanced in 2009), Vidor HS

I didn't get the impression from watching Vidor's show that they were their usual exemplary military selves (Vidor has had one of the more consistently impressive military shows in East Texas for awhile). I just don't think this is their year.

This is Tomball's first year as a 4A now that Memorial has all 4 grades. They consistently get first divisions at UIL, even when they were 5A, which is more than I can say for many of these new faces at Area. So I think they're on the bubble. Montgomery also consistently makes 1s, and they had a very good run at Region. I think they'll be in finals and on the bubble as well.

Lumberton placed 3rd in class 4A at Galena Park behind Friendswood and Tomball Memorial (and ahead of many of the bands that will be at this contest)....I think they are on the bubble, and also my personal pick for #4.

I think the only spot that is predictable is Tomball Memorial taking 3rd.  Anyone could grab the 4th spot.  

It will be interesting between Friendswood and Dawson for the top spot.  Friendswood had the better visual performance at the Dickinson contest last week, and Dawson had the best musical scores.  I'm sure both schools have been cleaning like crazy this week, so I can't wait to see what they do this weekend and at State.

*They also play each other in football tonight!