UIL 4A State Marching Contest

It's not bout being a 20 year old program or having a reputation. It's about how well you perform that year that determines how you will do. If let's say a really good school didn't try as hard one year and didn't put as much as let's say a new program that gave it everything. Does that program deserve to win over the newer band. All I am saying is all the bands put in a lot of effort to get to this point and they just want to do their best at state like everybody else.

Wish Area C could have had Finals... but the top 5 would not have changed.  And yes, Waxahachie show was very clean.  Great trumpets, but didn't think there was much difficulty to the show.  I'm sure we will see them in state finals.

I'm surprised you would say that there wasn't much difficulty in Waxahachie's show. The music difficulty is crazy and they play it with such ease and a beautiful, blended sound. Not to mention they have solid marching and great staging througout the entire show. However, you are entitled to your own opinion.

Saw the video of Lake Ridge from the Tournament of Champions in this blog.  They looked great, but their performance at Area B was so much better and cleaner.  Had a hard time understanding what the judges were looking at in Area, the scores were all over the place.  Lake Ridge music scores were 1,1 and 9?  The marching was 1 and 11?  Wakelands music scores were 11, 2, 2?  How is it possible that judges can be so far apart on the same performance?  If you told me Lake Ridge music was 1,1,5 or Wakeland was 6,2,2 I could understand, but to have 1 judge so far away from the other 2 makes no sense.

So far these are the bands advanving, don't know much about Area G, couldnt find the results. Going to a craaaaaaazy contest! Can't wait to compete :) Sorry if i missed any band!

AREA A:

Azle

Boswell

Frenship

AREA B:

Lake ridge

Newman smith

Wakeland

Southwest

AREA C:

Waxahachie

Sherman

Wylie

Poteet

Forney

AREA D:

Vista ridge

Cedar park

Vandegrift

Connally

AREA E:

Foster

Ridge Point

AREA F:

Dawson

Friendswood

Tomball memorial

Barbers hill

AREA G:

I don't think Lake Ridge is as big of a competitor as everyone is making them out to be. They don't do a whole lot of marching.

I'm personally excited to see what Waxahachie, Friendswood, Vista Ridge, Dawson, and Vandergriff have to offer heading into San Antonio this year. It's going to be a fierce in the Alama Dome this year.

I honestly don't understand how you could say that Lake Ridge doesn't do a whole lot of marching. I go to Lake Ridge and I can honestly say that our show this year is the most difficult and demanding drill I have EVER marched. If you say that we don't do a "whole lot of marching," then you obviously haven't seen our show.

I don't think you can look at the placings coming out of the various area contests as any indication of placement at state.  After all in 2011 Cedar Park was 3rd in Area D and won and the band that was 2nd in Area D that year didn't advance to finals at state.

Performance of the day will win which makes it all pretty exciting.

I honestly don't understand how you could say that Lake Ridge doesn't do a whole lot of marching. I go to Lake Ridge and I can honestly say that our show this year is the most difficult and demanding drill I have EVER marched. If you say that we don't do a "whole lot of marching," then you obviously haven't seen our show.

Lake ridge doesn't march they run the entire show

You think we run our entire show? We march straight-legged at 186 BPM for the entire show. Our Ballad, the slow one in case you didn't know, is marched mostly in double time at 76 BPM, which is 152. We run for a couple of sets in our drum-break, but other than that, we march. We march more than most of the other bands out there. After looking at your likes on this website, I have concluded you come from Legacy, and all I want to say is Congrats at making it at Area finals this past saturday.

Honestly I saw Lake Ridge's show Friday night and while there show has great features and amazing technical licks. You either stand still or run the during your one and a half minute drum feature. While other bands march the difficult runs. I love Lake Ridge but saying you march difficult drill is an exaggeration. But thats just my opinion.

Lake ridges show is almost a new breed of shows. Very far out there. there drill demands athletic marchers and a extraordinary performance tasks. I give them kudos for executing it very well. Still some things to clean but over all a very good job . I'm always behind the under the dogs and lakeridge will surprise many in San Antonio. Good luck lake ridge :)

Lake ridges show is almost a new breed of shows. Very far out there. there drill demands athletic marchers and a extraordinary performance tasks. I give them kudos for executing it very well. Still some things to clean but over all a very good job . I'm always behind the under the dogs and lakeridge will surprise many in San Antonio. Good luck lake ridge :)

I just want to point out that in my opinion, Lake Ridge just runs around a lot.. yeah they have technical music, but it's while they're parked. Waxahachie on the other hand, they're amazing. they play technique while moving, doing choreography, and still have beautiful sounds. I think that they have a very good chance at state.

I just want to point out that in my opinion, Lake Ridge just runs around a lot.. yeah they have technical music, but it's while they're parked. Waxahachie on the other hand, they're amazing. they play technique while moving, doing choreography, and still have beautiful sounds. I think that they have a very good chance at state.

Personally, I enjoyed Lake Ridge's show, however, to say the marching and forms were clean is impossible. You can't judge running as marching. That doesn't mean that you don't march. It just means that people are a little uneasy when there is a good 1-2 minutes of running and a LOT of scatter-drill.

When it comes to GE I applaud you. The show and drill truly made me think "What in the World." I firmly believe that the placement at area was based largely on schedule and an outdated UIL system. Was the show good? Yes. Does it need to be cleaner? Yes. Were there better bands at area? Yes. Are there quite a few members from Lake Ridge on this forum that need to take their win with a bit of humility? Firmly, Yes.