4A State Marching Band Contest NEW Predictions

I'll give it a try. This is really, really hard.

Gold: Cedar Park HS (Area D)

Silver: Friendswood HS (Area F)

Bronze: Vista Ridge HS (Area D)

4. Vandegrift HS (Area D)

5. Connolly HS (Area D)

6. Waxahachie HS (Area C)

7. Dawson HS (Area F)

8. Lake Ridge HS (Area B )

9. Wakeland HS (Area B )

10. Sherman HS (Area C)

I meant to say Vista is going to be the State champion... There was that big of a gap between CP and Vista

I am not bitter about anything... Cedar Park, Vandegrift, Connally, and especially Vista Ridge (the star of the show tonight) simply played better and marched cleaner than Leander. The difference in the scores show it. A one point difference is arguable, a five point one isn't...

After being at Area D, I can't imagine anything other than an LISD sweep at state. I'm convinced that those three LISD bands would have made it out of 5A Area D as well with the performances given in finals. The next three or so finals bands would have been good bets as finalists at state as well. If only they could send more from such a stacked area!

State is going to be a tough rode and it's going to reach high peaks. Yes , some bands that medaled aren't going to be there but that just means that this state is reaching a whole new level. I look forward to competing this year at state and I wish all the other bands good luck as well in this weeks preparations for the biggest stage in Texas marching. It's going to be big and loud and your are going to want to be there trust me.

I know it's fun to post your predictions but obviously they are biased for whatever region we live in. I live in Area B and I am familiar with B&C Area bands so I'll rank them. State will be a new day for all and not based on Area or prior state runs.

1. Frisco Wakeland
  2. Poteet
  3. Newman Smith
  4. Wylie
  5. Waxahachie

Looking forward to seeing the other state regions compete with North Texas schools.

I'd like to try to avoid having a thread for state predictions, a thread for post-area, a state thread for contest day, a state thread for results and then another state thread for analysis of those results.

Let's just keep it all in one spot.

http://www.txbands.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4671-uil-4a-state-marching-contest/