GN Final Results

Predictions are entered....

and just in case you were wondering, if you won a caption prediction, just because there is no checkmark doesnt mean you didnt get the points. I promise! :)

Here are the current prediction rankings:

Rank Username Points

1 mbui 46

2 directorb3 44

3 flarey1 43

4 Rebel 42

4 jmj 42

5 euro_euph06 41

5 Danpod 41

6 MrMusic5002 40

7 Lustra.exe 38

8 euphtone06 36

Wow, I'm really looking forward to seeing the recap and scores once they are released on Monday. You can tell that Reagan & Carmel were neck and neck throughout the entire competition.

Thoughts....

---Carmel finally gets that chip off their shoulder. After all these years of placing in the top four and being oh-so-close in 2001 (by .05), they finally get the title. Congrats.

---Looks like Reagan's Finals performance time hurt them after being named the Class AAA Champion in Semifinals. Regardless, placing second is nothing to frown at. They had a phenomenal show this year. It was one to be remembered. Congrats on all of your success.

---The music caption once again belongs to a Texas band. The caption has been won by a TX band four out of the past GN's. L.D. Bell in 2001, Westfield in 2003, Stephen F. Austin in 2004, and now Ronald Reagan in 2005. It goes to show that the musical talent in this state is just amazing.

---Centerville placing 10th. They have always been known to peak early, but I didn't expect them to finish so low. Looks like the depth was just too strong this year.

---L.D. Bell placing third. They have always been known for stepping it up, and boy...it looks like they did it again. After having a rough year...fourth at BOA Arlington, and placing second at the North Texas competition one week prior to Grand Nationals to Arlington Martin HS, it looks like the band turned it on at just the right time. Way to go Bell.

What a year for marching band. 2005 will go down as one of, or if not, the most competitive year in history.

Sad to see that it's all over.

if reagan lost by .05 imma laugh my **** off

Ok, I think I posted this on another post, but what's the whole animosity between Reagan and Westfield? They're both REALLY good bands, but it seems like there is a LOT of mudslinging going on between the two. I mean, perhaps I'm ignorant, but how did this start? Did Reagan beat Westfield at a comp that Westfield "should have" won? WHAT'S THE DEAL?! Anyway, I have just 4 words..."Alle menschen werden bruder."

- mindfulmusician

Ok, I think I posted this on another post, but what's the whole animosity between Reagan and Westfield? They're both REALLY good bands, but it seems like there is a LOT of mudslinging going on between the two. I mean, perhaps I'm ignorant, but how did this start? Did Reagan beat Westfield at a comp that Westfield "should have" won? WHAT'S THE DEAL?! Anyway, I have just 4 words..."Alle menschen werden bruder."

- mindfulmusician

I've actually never heard anyone at Reagan talk bad about Westfield, we generally have a big respect for all Texas bands, so I dunno what the deal is. Congrats to Bell and Richland on making finals, by the way ^^

no actually i think its how we beat reagan at lonetar in 03 by .05 or something like that, and then at nats again. theres always been beef between the two