oh geez...... it is concert season time =/

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my band is working on christmas music.. and some pieces for contest music..but i miss the marching season...it was really a competitive year..well im looking forward to region band, and area-state tryouts though :D

Heck yes..region '05-'06 here we come,lol. I'm personally glad concert season is here, just because I've never liked marching season, even though I guess I'm supposed to because I'm section leader. Of course, we're playing "Greensleeves" and "First Noel" like we do every year, but I don't think we know what else for sure. So far, we have "Holiday Sleigh Ride", "The Nutcracker", "Sleigh Ride" (which we've played every year but havent done this year), some Fidelis song I can't spell (I didn't bring my folder home) and our Sousa march for the year, "Free-Lance March".

we went to the BOANCBF last year and as much fun as it was, i'm not looking forward to anymore indianapolis trips anytime soon. hope you have fun though.

our wind ensemble is playing

1) Easter Monday on the White House Lawn by Sousa

2) Aegean Festival Overture by Makris

3)and something else which i cant think the name of

but we are playing sleigh ride for christmas like every year. yay concert season. i'll miss marching season.

(four scottish dances is the coolest piece!)

I can't wait. We're going to the BOA National Concert Band Festival, and it's gonna be a ton of fun.

lol oh wow lol just ask anyone from cedar park about that

wait im from cedar park lol alright this was our bands take on the NCBF

we got a total of like... 3 hours of sleep in the two nights we were there because they had us going to like every single band's concerts... and the best part was OUR BANDS WERE THE ONLY ONES WATCHING OUR CONCERTS! We payed money to watch ourselves perform. It was just poorly run and pissed every single kid off.

Best part was when Drew, a frech horn from our school, got up at 5am with his horn, went to the halls and blasted Chlostrophobia (the bad show we had 2 years ago)

Score: 3/100

I can't wait. We're going to the BOA National Concert Band Festival, and it's gonna be a ton of fun.

HAHAHHAHAHA :D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: *rolls around on floor laughing*

So they make this huge deal that the place will be packed when you perform and how like half the state looks forward to this, well let me telll you that only like 2 other schools might watch you! Everyone wants to see the national concert band/orchestra. And the gala award ceremony...ehem...not that great of a deal. But the dance in the Museum is fun!

I like marching season a lot ore than concert season... I feel like were working towards something more during marching season. I'm quite sad its over. I came home today and it was like.... really early. Such a strange feeling to not be at practice, haha. As for a holiday concert, we may not have one (yay for not playing sleigh ride for the one millionth time!) because we may just be doing a tribute to our marching season as a concert instead. A little celebration of our marching show and all that. Cool stuff. I will be in two holiday concerts aside from that though, one for orchestra, and one for a combination of orchestra and choir

HAHAHHAHAHA :D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: *rolls around on floor laughing*

So they make this huge deal that the place will be packed when you perform and how like half the state looks forward to this, well let me telll you that only like 2 other schools might watch you! Everyone wants to see the national concert band/orchestra. And the gala award ceremony...ehem...not that great of a deal. But the dance in the Museum is fun!

True..... the dance was pretty fun =]