oh geez...... it is concert season time =/

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want marching season back because for concert season, we have our honor and symphonic bands. I'm last flute in the honor band (we have like 8) and I get in trouble for hanging out with shymphonic band members. Actually, I get in trouble for not being in my chair with my flute 25 minutes before class starts. Our director is a jerk. He wonders why no one respects him, and it's because he goes around and makes freshmen who have been doing what they are supposed to all year cry.

Anyways, for UIL, we are looking at a duel program. We are either playing Klaxon March, Old Scottish Melody and October OR the Klaxon March, Vesuvius, and Ghost Fleet.

A little tip for ya, you might not wanna insult your director on this website, alot of them read these forums.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm, what am I going to play for UIL.

We are playing Canarios Fantasia, which is a highly difficult piece for a concert band to be playing.

The others are a little less harder for the fact we are playing that piece above.

-Kenya Contrast, a fun short peice with a lovely melodic line.

-Alamo March, pretty sweet march, difficulty level;fairly easy.. But a nice piece to listen to, when played right!

Ok now we have...

Three Aires from Glouchester (sp?)- I love it. Its really nice. It has a nice french horn part in the 2nd movement.

Crest of Nobility- Easy, but nice to play and listen to.

Legend of Knife River- REALLLY awesome. Kinda complicated rythems though, nice flute solo thingy in the middle.

The High-School Cadets (Sousa)- I LOVE IT. But... it might be out of the clarinets range... awww.

Valley Forge March- An easy march, fun to hear buy my part=boring.

Were gonna try to fit in "Russian Christmas Music" cus we didnt have it clean enough for the Christmas Concert.